Cooking Some Dino Beef Ribs This Weekend Help

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
BBQ Mojo
so I went searching for these Dino Beef Ribs that everyone has been posting as of late and went to my local Sam's Club . I did not see any out so I asked the butcher and he said how many you want ? what ? he said they do not put them out because they make some other cut with them most of the time that look like a beef pork chop but can not remember what he called them . he said all you haft to do is ask even if you want pork belly he has them , real nice guy and learned a lot today about meat cuts . I love beef ribs and I am going to cook these this next weekend and wonder about time and temps ? do you wrap and when ? I am going to rub these with just a Kosher Salt and Pepper mix for rub and it is how I do my briskets and love it , I want to taste the meat . I usually cook pork ribs and do not want to screw up these expensive beef ribs and would like any help form people that have cook them , thanks in advance my smoking brothers and sisters .

DSCF6434.jpg

DSCF6437.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

Great find! I did these a couple of month back and they are great. I used 1/2 salt and 1/2 pepper, and may have over salted a bit but still great. Cook them till tender. I treated it just like a brisket. It does shrink / pull up the bone quite a bit, but there is nothing like it. Enjoy!!!

They've said it all. Just rub and smoke, cook em till probe tender. I don't wrap beef ribs, but you certainly can. Yes, trim the fat off the top if its extreme. Beef ribs can be pretty fatty. I'll usually trim the top till I see meat

If I cook at 300 they take 4-6 hours usually.. just for a general time frame.

That's a great price btw!

I usually skin off most of the fat. It's a well marbled cut, and there will be plenty of fat. If the fat cap is less than 1/4" than I don't worry about it.

I cook around 275°F much like brisket. The one big difference is that I rely more on feel than probe. To my touch, shortribs get tender feeling before they really render and get tender. I look for what I call bone slide. I reach in, and push the meat, if it slides back and forth on the bone, and I can see a little wiggle in the meat, then I pull and rest.

They've said it all. Just rub and smoke, cook em till probe tender. I don't wrap beef ribs, but you certainly can. Yes, trim the fat off the top if its extreme. Beef ribs can be pretty fatty. I'll usually trim the top till I see meat

This pretty much covers it! Shag knows beef ribs that's for sure. That is a good price! Looks like you got two 3 bone plates.

No peaking you wanna develop a nice bark don't check em until 3-4 hours in. Glad you found a good source.

I actually said no because of the price but wanted to try them and the wife said get them I am buying , lol .

Back