THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A guy I work with sets up shop with his trailer in several different spots around his home town. All he makes is chopped brisket sammies and he does extremely well for such a small operation. If it's offered as a sandwich i think chopped or pulled is the only way to go. I don't like how sliced brisket pulls out of the bread when you take a bite. I would much rather have it chopped up.

I think that perception comes into play with the chopped/sliced/pulled brisket discussions.
Those of us who compete, and our treasured Texas Brethren, value properly cooked and sliced brisket as the "holy grail" of BBQ. Rightfully so! :-D

But, for "eating", I can not find a flavor difference in the 3 techniques.
If I am cooking for fun (friends, neighbors, etc), I take brisket to 200-210 and a really "buttery" probe test.
I pull or chop as appropriate.
Everyone loves it!
I have never had anyone (remember, I am in Florida :oops:) even comment on slices.

I would chop/pull for commercial use in a heartbeat.
Pulled flats make a really interesting texture for sandwiches.

Just makes sense from a cost control standpoint!

Good Luck.

TIM

Thanks all....I was about to start feeling guilty. For the time put into a brisket, in the real world...i'd rather show a nice wicked slice. For practical purposes, cooking for 50+, 100+ folks a night(alone). I'm going to go with chopped/sliced.

Back