Chickenfried Canadian Bacon

WOW! looks like a winning combo to me!

Your gravy always looks PERFECT! Do you have any tips on making gravy? Mine usually tastes like flour or doesn't get thick enough. Whats your secret?

WOW! looks like a winning combo to me!

Your gravy always looks PERFECT! Do you have any tips on making gravy? Mine usually tastes like flour or doesn't get thick enough. Whats your secret?

Thanks! :-D
I cook the flour in with the drippings for a few minutes before adding milk. It cooks the "flour" taste out. Hope that makes sense! :redface::biggrin:

Hey Cowgirl----made me hungry------Try out some "Red Eye Gravy" next time and see if that adds to the meal. "Red Eye" gravy uses already brewed coffee instead of milk. I usually use some chicory laced coffee from New Orleans, but regular coffee will work. It is a deep brown, very rich gravy and is very popular in the deep south. I usually add a little of my favorite "Hot Sauce" to the "Red Eye" gravy also. I love the gravy over sourdough biscuits 'outta the dutch ovens.

lol Randy, no sister your way. :lol:
Thank you Wornslick!
Chuckwagon... I DO love red eye gravy!! Mmmm.... I like it on fried ham and grits. :biggrin:
Thank you!

Humboldt, I gotta eat healthy sometime. :-D
Thank you Mark!
Rich...it's just me...for now. :)
JD, I was camping at a lake for the weekend and used my tractor rim. :)
FirecrackerJack... here is a good source for info. http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/index.html
MrJP..... :lol:!!
Thank you!!

I'm in love. Will you marry me? (that is providing that I didn't just propose to a dude posing as a cowgirl.)

Anything deep-fried is worth giving up my bachelorhood for.

Be still my beating (yet somewhat clogged) heart. That stuff just plain looks good.

-Gup

So...I hear you are going to open a Restaurant soon and are going to call it
"Cowgirl's BBQ Smokehouse & Campfire Delights"

:icon_blush: Will you adopt me???

Either way, just one response...

appl.gif

Thanks Pat and Texman! :wink:

Grillman, I think that might take the fun outta cookin'. :biggrin:

Gup, Mos95B.....yes to both of you. Woohoo! An instant family! :lol::biggrin:
Gup, I do think just about anything has to taste good if it's chickenfried. lol

Thank you! :wink:

Nice grub. Don't you have a blog? If so, mind posting the link? I seem to remember visiting it once before unless I have you mistaken for someone else.

Back