Chicken Wings with Angry Sauce

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a chicken wing throwdown going on? There is! You should enter!

Ran across this recipe from Food & Wine, sounded tasty and different, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Gather the players. (Missed some). :noidea:

zl6Engah.jpg

Mixed up the sauce and threw the wings on the Big Joe seasoned with some seasoned salt.

sFr1XFch.jpg

4f4WpVHh.jpg

Still need to figure out how to get the skin crispier. Maybe try some cornstarch or baking powder next time.

4uVAWbwh.jpg

Coat em with the ANGRY Sauce, and garnish with scallions & sesame seeds.

Bes2f9kh.jpg

tz4Ccngh.jpg

Good stuff, slightly sweet, little acid, nice slow burn, then a kick from the gochugaru.

As always, thanks for looking.

Looks good Andy. I've not had any success with either powders. Must be doing something wrong.

I really need to learn how to cook wings...

Weber kettle, Vortex, chimney full of hot coals dumped in the Vortex small side up. Spread wings around exterior of Vortex. Rotate lid 1/4 turn every 10-15 minutes (or not, have done it both ways with success). Check temps at 45 minutes. Cook more if needed. Flip if you want mid cook, but I never do.

Some folks swear by the Slow-N-Sear versus the Vortex, so if you have one of those try that. Can't tell you times on that because I have never done it.

Some folks have Weber baskets and swear by them and claim the above items are just gimmicks. Give them a run if you have them.

It's really not hard if I can do it.

Back