Carne Crosta ribeye and some wangz

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Didn't get to do much grilling this weekend, but I did make a fantastic 20oz ribeye last night. Hit it with some finely ground sea salt and then a hearty coating of Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta. I cooked it on the Primo XL using the cast iron grates and got a great crust, as you'd expect with CC. I probably could've gone about a minute less per side and still had the same crust, but oh well. It turned out really tasty...dragging the pieces of steak through the meat juices infused with CC...oh man.

I did the wings a couple nights ago, 3 sections with Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime and the other 3 with Habanero Death Dust. While the HDD wings were really good, nice and hot, it was the first time I tried Smokey Chile Lime on wings and it was fantastic...may be a new favorite for me. It made a really nice crust of seasoning on the wings, a little heat, a little sweat, and a little savory. Highly recommend any of these rubs. :clap2:

Thanks for looking!

A little cool in the air means it's time for fall beer

Set the grill to "nuclear"

Cast iron grates always give me the best sear.

After I dragged it through some meatjuice

This was a two-plate meal.

I was betting that the chile lime would be good on wings. Great looking cook!

I was surprised just how much Iiked it....obviously Oakridge BBQ makes some good rubs but to take the #1 wing seasoning spot on the first try? This may require further research.

Back