THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Didn't get to do much grilling this weekend, but I did make a fantastic 20oz ribeye last night. Hit it with some finely ground sea salt and then a hearty coating of Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta. I cooked it on the Primo XL using the cast iron grates and got a great crust, as you'd expect with CC. I probably could've gone about a minute less per side and still had the same crust, but oh well. It turned out really tasty...dragging the pieces of steak through the meat juices infused with CC...oh man.

I did the wings a couple nights ago, 3 sections with Oakridge BBQ Smokey Chile Lime and the other 3 with Habanero Death Dust. While the HDD wings were really good, nice and hot, it was the first time I tried Smokey Chile Lime on wings and it was fantastic...may be a new favorite for me. It made a really nice crust of seasoning on the wings, a little heat, a little sweat, and a little savory. Highly recommend any of these rubs. :clap2:

Thanks for looking!

A little cool in the air means it's time for fall beer

Set the grill to "nuclear"

Cast iron grates always give me the best sear.

After I dragged it through some meatjuice

This was a two-plate meal.

I was betting that the chile lime would be good on wings. Great looking cook!

I was surprised just how much Iiked it....obviously Oakridge BBQ makes some good rubs but to take the #1 wing seasoning spot on the first try? This may require further research.

Back