Cannot Find Kraft H O T BBQ Sauce anymore!

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
In stores. That is some of the best bottled sauce we've ever had. We cut it with other sauce depending on the meat.

Anyone else know if it's still on the shelf's?

I am so sorry to hear that you haven't been afforded the chance to try other sauces.... (LOL) After all we can enjoy what we like...

It shows readily available through Walmart, worst case scenario is to order a case and deliver to your local store or home. Other than that maybe look for an alternative.

Want me to send you a good alternative sauce from us Yankees????

Or you can try..... http://www.rivercityspice.com/bbqsauce.html ask for the hot or you will get mild...
Order Form http://www.rivercityspice.com/printorderform.html

Last edited:
Sorry man, looks like that sauce is history. Time to find you a new favorite maybe. Get something off the shelf -add some love to it and amaze your friends- maybe even some of the ones playfully ribbing you for liking a Kraft product. :wink:

Kraft got rid of the high fructose (which is why so many lifted their noses up to it, well that and because it is super mass produced because the company has grown) and uses real sugar now. What's the reason for all the kraft hate? Stuff works for me when it's all i have and no issues.

Kraft got rid of the high fructose (which is why so many lifted their noses up to it, well that and because it is super mass produced because the company has grown) and uses real sugar now.

What's the reason for all the kraft hate? Stuff works for me when it's all i have and no issues.

We all use what we like and enjoy best no matter what the brand.

I think it is more of a ribbing on Toast than actual hate for the product itself that you see here. Personally I don't like it because I worked with the production cooks setting up ingredients for each batch. I don't care for the "re-work" items they used to put into each batch, but maybe things have changed by now, who knows.

I am sure a lot of other companies do the same thing as well. It's just mind over matter for me.... Of course I don't eat commercially prepared hot dogs either because I know what goes into the Buffalo Chopper/Grinder and becomes indistinguishable from anything else. Again it's my choice and I don't say anything to prevent others from trying them...

We all use what we like and enjoy best no matter what the brand.

I think it is more of a ribbing on Toast than actual hate for the product itself that you see here. Personally I don't like it because I worked with the production cooks setting up ingredients for each batch. I don't care for the "re-work" items they used to put into each batch, but maybe things have changed by now, who knows.

I am sure a lot of other companies do the same thing as well. It's just mind over matter for me.... Of course I don't eat commercially prepared hot dogs either because I know what goes into the Buffalo Chopper/Grinder and becomes indistinguishable from anything else. Again it's my choice and I don't say anything to prevent others from trying them...

No I get what most folks are doing :-D. Just most that do "dislike" it can't provide any form of genuine subjective/objective feedback just as you have done :becky:, much past things like "it sucks" :p. I'm actually curious why folks don't like it. Could be as simple as taste.

No I get what most folks are doing :-D. Just most that do "dislike" it can't provide any form of genuine subjective/objective feedback just as you have done :becky:, much past things like "it sucks" :p. I'm actually curious why folks don't like it. Could be as simple as taste.

BBQ sauce is too subjective to our own individual tastes. I am sure that five different tasters could sample the same product at the same time and give you five completely different reviews. Regional and ethnic tastes are the greatest variables in our own personal likes and dislikes. There are also so many different sauces to choose from, much like choosing a wine, many styles, many regions, and many twists. In the end we all choose one that we like best.

I don't really think there is a right or a wrong selection simply because the choice is a matter of our own personal taste. We are all individuals; we vary in many ways, including our personal likes and dislikes in taste. I have tasted some sauces that I think were really bad, but other people think it was the greatest sauce in the world, it's all a matter of preferred choice. I've had a few great sauces; sauces that stand on their own, sauces that can make shoe leather taste good. But for the most part some sauces don't really compliment the BBQ, but rather overpower it and completely mask the flavor of the meat.

Then of course there are some who think that mass produced sauces are on the lower end of the quality spectrum. However this isn't always true, as some smaller companies don't have high-end quality control testing equipment as the big boys do.

In 1999/2000 Phillip Morris acquired Kraft General Foods which had previously been General Foods who acquired The Kraft brand to form Kraft General Foods. I left in 1999 when they moved operations from our local plant and sold the real estate to streamline the production and distribution activities.

Last edited:
Back