Looking for name of BBQ website from early 2000s

pigskins

Found some matches.
I know this is a longshot but this is one of the few sites that I have been a member of for that long that may have other members who know what I am looking for. I got my smoker in 2010 so I have to assume it was around that time. It was a website that required a paid subscription. It was not a fancy looking site by any means but it had videos, recipes, etc. all from some well-known award-winning BBQ masters. I had downloaded a BBQ sauce recipe from that site that I strictly used for my spareribs and I thought I had saved it electronically and on paper. Many moves later I can't find the printout and can't remember the name of the site to try and find the file on my computer. All I can come up with is BBQ Doctor or BBQ Professor but that's not it. The site is long gone so I think I deleted it from my bookmarks too. If I can come up with the name of the site I can try to search for it in my email and years of files on backups and cloud storage. Does anyone recall a site like that?

No help here, but I’ll bet there’s someone on here that knows exactly what your talking about.

I found the name of the site! I had tagged a buddy of mine in a picture from 2013 of me making the sauce and I had commented on what it was! It was BBQ Coach and I think they called it a glaze. Now if I can only find the recipe...

Coach's BBQ was a very competitive team ten to fifteen years ago. The link at the bottom of the page will lead you to what I copied and pasted here:

Coach's bar-b-que sauce

Yield: 50 Servings

1 gallon Ketchup
7½ ounce Liquid barbecue smoke®
5 ounces Hot pepper sauce
½ cup Apple cider vinegar
½ cup Lemon juice concentrate
1 stick Margarine
5 tablespoons Bodacious bar-b-que spice
3½ pounds Brown sugar

Recipe by: Jim Sposato Preparation Time: 1:40 Bring to a slow boil and then cool. Add brown sugar and stir every 30 minutes.

https://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Coach%27s+bar-b-que+sauce+i

I hope this is what you are looking for. - Juggy

Last edited:
Coach's bar-b-que sauce

Yield: 50 Servings

1 gallon Ketchup
7½ ounce Liquid barbecue smoke®
5 ounces Hot pepper sauce
½ cup Apple cider vinegar
½ cup Lemon juice concentrate
1 stick Margarine
5 tablespoons Bodacious bar-b-que spice
3½ pounds Brown sugar

Whoa, 7-1/2 ounces of Liquid Smoke is a lot. pigskins, just a heads-up, Wrights makes an "Applewood" flavored liquid smoke that is much milder than their Hickory or Mesquite flavors.

You gotta love a sauce called "Bar-B-Que". My Granny spelled it that way... and she used oleo in her's too.

EotiA5x.jpg

I was a member long time ago. Competition BBQ Secrets written by Chatham Artillery BBQ. I have the books packed up somewhere, if I find them I will let you know.

Yo Wayne, I found two different sources for that recipe and they both listed the same ingredients, but they were in different order. I also noticed that large amount of liquid smoke and thought of it as being highly excessive. Of course for my tastes and being as I am not a fan of liquid smoke, I would consider one tablespoon as being excessive........

Thanks for posting your Granny's recipe. I am glad I can still read cursive writing as I now have difficulty writing in cursive. I sign my name in cursive when I write out checks for my monthly bills. Other than that, cursive writing is a lost art and I once had very good handwriting.

Lager,

Juggy

Yo Wayne, I found two different sources for that recipe and they both listed the same ingredients, but they were in different order. I also noticed that large amount of liquid smoke and thought of it as being highly excessive. Of course for my tastes and being as I am not a fan of liquid smoke, I would consider one tablespoon as being excessive........

Thanks for posting your Granny's recipe. I am glad I can still read cursive writing as I now have difficulty writing in cursive. I sign my name in cursive when I write out checks for my monthly bills. Other than that, cursive writing is a lost art and I once had very good handwriting.

Lager,

Juggy

She was a farm girl in Nebraska and took great pride in the fact she was a high school graduate. There were only 7 or 8 graduates in her class around 1925.

….Thanks for posting your Granny's recipe. I am glad I can still read cursive writing as I now have difficulty writing in cursive. I sign my name in cursive when I write out checks for my monthly bills. Other than that, cursive writing is a lost art and I once had very good handwriting.

Lager,

Juggy

That’s one of the things I decided to tune up while sitting in the house during Covid. I bought a Pilot Metropolitan fine tip fountain pen and a Clairefontaine French Ruled Notebook, which has a 5 line rule for practicing cursive.

I now take great delight when young adults can’t figure out my cursive writing and are trying to figure out what kind of pen I’m using. I haven’t used a fountain tip in decades and forgot how smooth a good fountain tip writes.

I was also a member many years ago and as far as I know, I still am. From my recollection, once you pay the fee you are a member for life. A few years ago he had changed servers or something and the passwords were all lost or reset, but if you send an email using the email address you used when signing up, he can send you a link to reset it. It has been a while since I went to it, I may have to check it out again soon.

I was also a member many years ago and as far as I know, I still am. From my recollection, once you pay the fee you are a member for life. A few years ago he had changed servers or something and the passwords were all lost or reset, but if you send an email using the email address you used when signing up, he can send you a link to reset it. It has been a while since I went to it, I may have to check it out again soon.

Bill passed away a few months ago, so I'm not sure if the website is still running.

Thanks Chad. I did try to go to the site and found it for sale, so I feared something of that nature.

Back