Calling IN, IL, MO, AR, W KY, W TN, TX Brethren - BBQ Freight Tag Team needed for Brother Chambers!!!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Brother Dan Chambers posted in his FB page yesterday that his son (Drew) cooked a pork butt in an old pit that was left at the house they live in and during the cook the pit literally fell apart.

While its awesome that Drew is following in Dad's footsteps and getting into Q, not having a good pit will NOT STAND!

As some of you know, I've been storing Dan's trailer and all of his BBQ "gear" at my home for him since he had to have his house moved (the moving company would not move anything in the garage or back yard).

I'm trying to work out details with Dan as to which or how many of his pits he would like to have at his house. I'm not sure how much room he has, storage possibilities, how long he'll be at the house his family is at, etc, but I think he needs at LEAST one of his pits there for Drew to use.

At the minimum, I'd like to get his LBGE, or his Big Steel Keg (or both) to him.
He has quite a lot of other gear. When I went and picked everything up, I loaded both his trailer and my F150 with camper shell TO FULL CAPACITY. Depending on how much Dan wants and can store, some or all of it needs to get to him. He may not have room to store all of it, but I'll let him make that call.

In the mean time, I want to see if we can make this happen.

I'm just outside of Indianapolis and he's in Pearsall, TX.

There are two routes we can take:
IN, IL, W KY, W TN, AR, E TX
or
IN, IL, MO, OK, NE TX

If we just haul one or two pieces to him, we can do so via pickup truck beds.
If we haul the trailer, it's a heavy sucker, but I hauled it with my F150 OK. A 2 5/16" ball is required. Trailer is a double axle. Not sure of exact size, but I'd guess 7'x14'.

Do to my competition schedule, I can only haul this weekend and am booked the rest of the month.

Sound off if you can help.

WHAT SAY YOU BRETHREN?!

This is a great favor you are doing for him. Wish I could help but I'm on the east coast. I know some brethren will chime in and come through.

I'm a new guy here and just wanted to say that this is pretty damn awesome of you guys! Wish I could help but I have no truck or trailer. Hope you guys can make it all work and get him a rig that won't fall apart on his son :O

Dan is actually not in Pearsall now. They are renting a house in San Antonio. i don't know how much he can store at the rent house, or how much his wife's family in Pearsall can store for him.

CD

Outstanding and thanks, Wampus. If this don't work maybe we can get him a kettle or WSM via Amazon prime: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-721001-Smokey-Mountain-Charcoal/dp/B001I8ZTJ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378216928&sr=8-1&keywords=weber+smokey+mountain"]Amazon.com: Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-1/2-Inch Charcoal Smoker, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

This may be easier to deal with, if he has to move soon. Anyways, I will help anyway I can (financially).

Wampus...I live just south of Terra Haute and I may be able to help? I'm scheduled to work evening shift Fri, sat, and Sunday but let me check with my supervisor to see if I can take comp time to help. I will let you know soon.

Dan is actually not in Pearsall now. They are renting a house in San Antonio. i don't know how much he can store at the rent house, or how much his wife's family in Pearsall can store for him.

CD

Thanks CD.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Dan via FB since last night, and all I did was check Karen's FB page and noticed she still has Pearsall as "home", so that's where I got that. Looks like it'll still be the same route since San Antonio is on the way to Pearsall.

I'm also not sure on their duration of stay at the house they're in or what storage is possible. I'm just trying to get one of his pits there at the minimum. I'm awaiting details from Dan or Karen, but just trying to set up the move first.

I just spoke with Dan on the phone.

He's wanting the Big Steel Keg and the Small BGE and a couple of other items.
Looks like this will work with just pickups.

He's also asking if I can come and get the Fiery Furnace (his BIG offset smoker) from Manito and bring back to Indy to sell. IF this works out and I can bring the BSK and BGE to somewhere in Central Illinois, then I can jump on over to Manito and grab the Fiery Furnace while I'm in Illinois and bring back home.

He said he'd prefer if I brought the stuff down to him personally so he could see me, which I'd LOVE to do, but since it's about a 19 hour trip ONE WAY for me and I only have this weekend to get it done....not sure I'll be able to pull that one off what with work, family and stuff. (SORRY DAN! :becky:)

ALTHOUGH.....God seems to have a way of working these things out, so who knows.

Thanks in advance Brethren!

I am glad that Dan wants his cookers nearby, that is a good thing for his spirit.

If the Brethren Tag Team can't happen, I am in for providing some gear or donation to a WSM for Dan.

If we decide on donations I'm in. If the smokers come close to Iowa I can get them to Kansas City.
Please keep us posted.

If they make it to KC by the time of the American Royal there are tons of teams from OK and TX that I am sure could help get it down their. Just a thought.

I can probably share some driving time with SmittyJonz in his truck, but I can't get more than a small BGE in the Mini.

CD

Im in Springfield, IL and might be able to meet you in Manito and then a brethren in STL area?

The route

Here's the two routes as I see it:

Option #1:
Start in Indy to
Terre Haute, IN to
Effingham, IL to
Mt Vernon, IL to
Sikeston, MO to
Memphis, TN to
Little Rock, AR to
Texarkana to
Dallas, TX to
Waco, TX to
Austin, TX to
San Antonio

Option #2:
Indy to
Terre Haute, IN to
Effingham, IL to
St. Louis, MO to
Springfield, MO to
Joplin, MO to
Muskogee, OK to
Dallas, TX to
Waco, TX to
Austin, TX to
San Antonio

I tried to just copy the link to Google maps, but it didn't work. :frusty:
According to Google maps, option #1 is about 30 miles longer, but only 8 minutes shorter in drive time.

I figured availability of Brethren drivers would determine the route?

Back