THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If coming thru STL I can put up someone for sleep at Ashmonts outpost. Or help with a little cash.... Sorry still looking for a job...

In Springfield, IL willing to help to STL or donate. Pickup or trailer if need be.

Seems however, sell and purchase new with some donations would be most cost effective.

Last edited:
Right outside Houston, as you know. Got access to a pickup as well. You tell me when/where/how/if you need me, and I'm there good sir.

Never would've seen this if it hadn't been put in Woodpile (Guess that's kind of sad in a way :heh:) So respect to Ron L.

ALRIGHT....

I just spent a good bit of time chatting with Dan on FB.
He insists that we do NOT ship this stuff to him.
He also doesn't want to sell any of it as it all has special sentimental value for him and I can appreciate that. Plus, I don't know that we'd get a very good return on selling it off. He has plans for much of it.

Frankly, he's very humbled by the Brethren Spirit he wants to call it off.
I politely (in so many words) told him to shut the fark up. :becky:

I think we need to make a tag team happen, even if it takes a little time.
I was optimistic that this could happen THIS weekend. Not that it can't, but I don't want to force it either.

There have been lots of comments here and I've received lots of PM's from folks who aren't near the route that want to pitch in financially and I think that can still happen, but just in the order of gas money for those that are driving. We can do this via PayPal I think. I have a PayPal account and am happy to coordinate this. Once we get things set up, everyone can send $ to my PayPal account and then I can split it up and give everyone who's hauling an equal share of the donations to help cover fuel.

I do agree with Dan to a point that it's pretty expensive to ship via freight and it sure doesn't seem like we'd be good stewards of everyone's money (these were actually Dan's EXACT words). I mean for the $900 in freight costs, a brand spankin new Big Steel Keg could be shipped right to Dan.

BUT....he wants HIS and I can understand that.

SO, out of respect for Dan's wishes, let's make this tag team happen.
I'll have to work out who's already volunteered for which areas of the drive and narrow things down via PM and posts here. Bear with me.

I will start the shipping pool with $500 out of the BBQ Brethren bank account. :mod:

PROUDMEMEBROF-MASTERGRAPHIC_zps79bcaef3.jpg

If route runs down I35 in Tx I could help from Southern Ok to down near Austin somewhere....

I am in Live Oak ( a suburb of San Antonio) Austin is just 60 miles North of me. I would be glad to take his gear from Austin to where ever he is located in S.A. Just give me dates and locations.

ALRIGHT....

I just spent a good bit of time chatting with Dan on FB.
He insists that we do NOT ship this stuff to him.
He also doesn't want to sell any of it as it all has special sentimental value for him and I can appreciate that. Plus, I don't know that we'd get a very good return on selling it off. He has plans for much of it.

Frankly, he's very humbled by the Brethren Spirit he wants to call it off.
I politely (in so many words) told him to shut the fark up. :becky:

I think we need to make a tag team happen, even if it takes a little time.
I was optimistic that this could happen THIS weekend. Not that it can't, but I don't want to force it either.

There have been lots of comments here and I've received lots of PM's from folks who aren't near the route that want to pitch in financially and I think that can still happen, but just in the order of gas money for those that are driving. We can do this via PayPal I think. I have a PayPal account and am happy to coordinate this. Once we get things set up, everyone can send $ to my PayPal account and then I can split it up and give everyone who's hauling an equal share of the donations to help cover fuel.

I do agree with Dan to a point that it's pretty expensive to ship via freight and it sure doesn't seem like we'd be good stewards of everyone's money (these were actually Dan's EXACT words). I mean for the $900 in freight costs, a brand spankin new Big Steel Keg could be shipped right to Dan.

BUT....he wants HIS and I can understand that.

SO, out of respect for Dan's wishes, let's make this tag team happen.
I'll have to work out who's already volunteered for which areas of the drive and narrow things down via PM and posts here. Bear with me.

Yeah that! Everybody here knows that we all want OUR stuff, not money to buy other stuff.

and you expected................ what? :icon_smile_tongue:

Oh, believe me I know. I LITERALLY (I'm copying and pasting from FB) told him exactly this:
"Well, OK. I'll let them know.....but you KNOW how the Brethren are. If they find out you're trying to put the kibosh on shipping them, it'll just make them try harder."

:laugh:

IF we have people willing to tag team this, it'll be better for the Brethren too, I think. It will enable people to meet in person, maybe meet at a BBQ joint somewhere along the route, etc.

And if folks are willing to donate funds, then do so. It will just help cover fuel costs for those who are willing to give up their time to make the haul.

Hey Wampus, how does the idea of tag team look in terms of stretches covered. You have leg 1 from Indiana, and it looks like a couple of guys can run from southern OK to Dan.

I previously volunteered for a leg of this and after talking to my wife found out that I can't make it. Hopefully someone will be available to get the gear from St.Louis to Springfield. :sad:

Back