Brisket prices NE FL

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Running around costco today at world golf village south of Jacksonville and saw this. Prime grade. Im happy

c30fdcaec56da08aab906cd3f7338afe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully a sign of things to come for the rest of the country. Prime is rare at my CostCo in NoCO, but Sams always has some and I think they're around $3.50 right now.

Yep, just walked in the door from picking one up at the same price near Sacramento, CA (Citrus Heights). A nice 15LBer for $44.94. Can't beat that!

Unfortunately the packing plant scalped the hell out of the fat cap in a couple places and they are not small scalps at all, but I think it will be fine. I saw the scalps before I bought it but still picked it because out of the bunch they had this one had the thickest flat, the smallest deckle, and the best overall shape, and it was nearly dead on 15Lb.'s which is what I always look for.

Can confirm same in North Jersey. Most were in the 10-12lb range. I got two at just under 12lbs each. Great to see these prices again on Prime Briskets.

We've been bouncing $3.49 and $3.99 (mostly $3.99) at San Diego Costco's. I saw $2.99 prime only once, before COVID. Your post gives me hope I may see $2.99 again!

Unfortunately the packing plant scalped the hell out of the fat cap in a couple places and they are not small scalps at all, but I think it will be fine.

Bacon is your friend. Yes, I know, bacon on beef? Yep, it works. That said, you can also use some of the trimmings as you trim the fat cap in other sections. Just make sure you still have some of those trimmings to make some beef tallow to baste with later on.

HEB just posted $1.77lb for Briskies

Might go check it out and see if I can find one that bends in half easily

$2.99 Prime in Chicagoland Costco this past Sunday.
I think this is part of that major herd cull due to rising feed prices.
I read we're good thru summer and then... hope y'all have freezers.

They're $2.99/lb today at my Costco, North of Pittsburgh, down from $3.49/lb. But, they seem to be very small and most flats were really thin, so I passed for now. Going to check back every few days to see if I can find some more attractive briskets...

Back