THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Guys, sorry for the late reply, been out and about. I went out in the Jeep, top down, to pick up a Kayak from Dick's Sporting Goods only to have a thunderstorm pop up and drown me, lol. At least the yak acted as somewhat of a roof but not before my Wife and Daughter and I got soaked :(

As for the taste and tenderness, the SRF brisket was easy to pick out in the blind taste test. It was more moist and beefier but like I said, it's not a $100 better! As for internal temps, I did go by feel as well as a probe test. The Wagyu, from what I've read, finishes earlier than the regular old Choice briskets do but I pulled it at 196° and the Choice was a little behind it, closer to 193°. I left them in the peach butcher paper and put them in a towel lined cooler, the Choice on bottom and Wagyu on top. That's why that shot of them in paper shows the Choice paper is soaked, lol. I have to say that the Wagyu while soft could've used more time. My thought was that the carry over heat would've put it right where I wanted it but I think that sucker could've rode to 210°!!! You can see by the pics of the point that it was as moist as all get out! I liked it but not enough to buy another any time soon.

Back