Brisket Battle -Wagyu Vs. Choice

Hey Guys, sorry for the late reply, been out and about. I went out in the Jeep, top down, to pick up a Kayak from Dick's Sporting Goods only to have a thunderstorm pop up and drown me, lol. At least the yak acted as somewhat of a roof but not before my Wife and Daughter and I got soaked :(

As for the taste and tenderness, the SRF brisket was easy to pick out in the blind taste test. It was more moist and beefier but like I said, it's not a $100 better! As for internal temps, I did go by feel as well as a probe test. The Wagyu, from what I've read, finishes earlier than the regular old Choice briskets do but I pulled it at 196° and the Choice was a little behind it, closer to 193°. I left them in the peach butcher paper and put them in a towel lined cooler, the Choice on bottom and Wagyu on top. That's why that shot of them in paper shows the Choice paper is soaked, lol. I have to say that the Wagyu while soft could've used more time. My thought was that the carry over heat would've put it right where I wanted it but I think that sucker could've rode to 210°!!! You can see by the pics of the point that it was as moist as all get out! I liked it but not enough to buy another any time soon.

Back