- Bride bought me a right side brisket 👱*♀️

Sorry to say but, that is a left side.

"As expected he stuffed another lime and I mixed another Makers. He then told me that with the fat side down, on a left handed brisket, the point will curve to the right."

This is fat cap down and point bends left, so must be right?? Right??

Leaving the fat untrimmed, the aroma of the worchestishire and others was killer at wrap- the bark was a beautiful dark mahogany. Its double wrapped on the grate- Ill start probing for tenderness about 4 pm. I envy the Brethren that have the time patience and skills to manage a pit for 12-18 hours. Honestly, I lack those.

PBC has me spoiled with its 6-7+ rest.

Last edited:
"As expected he stuffed another lime and I mixed another Makers. He then told me that with the fat side down, on a left handed brisket, the point will curve to the right."

This is fat cap down and point bends left, so must be right?? Right??

Believe a drunken internet story, or a guy who has worked in a butcher shop and actually killed and cut beef for a living, your choice. I was just trying to be helpful.

Ok. This was my weak attempt at a cowgirl no fat trimmed meat and heat style brisket . Obviously I installed a few MSU options. Barrel instead of pit. Wrapping to capture rendered fat. It's supposed to reach 107 Thursday which will be a grand day for brisket chili with these defatted captured juices added. The Bride loves it. That's important.

Last edited:
I'm actually kind of in awe how good this tastes.

The worchestishire- the broiled/smoked fat- provides the flavor along with the peppery rub.

Briskets are cheap right now. I'm doing it again (the no trim) you can peel the jello fat at you see fit.

Worchestishire Marinade overnight. Maybe 1/3 bottle total. Turned once. Rub- cook. Simple

I've got some Worchestishire powder that is magic.

Brisket looks great neighbor!:thumb:

Back