LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Just me today, so a small batch of nachos to watch the Bears lose yet again. Marinated a sirloin overnight, then some Oakridge Smokey Chile Lime

PXL-20231001-193008534-MP.jpg

PXL-20231001-193513035-MP.jpg

PXL-20231001-193822970-MP.jpg

On to the grill to melt the cheese.

PXL-20231001-194338489-MP.jpg

Little bit of everything, onion, diced jalapenos, green chiles, green onions, maters, plus EXTRA jalapenos.

PXL-20231001-195446094-MP.jpg

PXL-20231001-195459384-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20231001-195816492-PORTRAIT.jpg

I did MUCH better than the Bears did, thanks for looking.

So you can do that and your contribution to a Texas Bash is farking malort?!?!?

Poor Bear's fans LOFL I remember them talkin smack ALL summer long. Turns out the Bear's are just the same ole sorry bears lol. I can't even make fun of Bear's fans anymore it's like kicking a retarded kid.

Poor Bear's fans LOFL I remember them talkin smack ALL summer long. Turns out the Bear's are just the same ole sorry bears lol. I can't even make fun of Bear's fans anymore it's like kicking a retarded kid.

Yep absolutely. Before the season and during pre-season all the sportswriters were hyping up the Bears. Things will be different this year. :blah: Some Bears fans fell for it, others that have been suffering for decades knew better.

Then after last week's game, those same sports writers started calling for everyone to be fired. :doh:

Nachos are my favourite food group. There was a forum on the Internet, I think it was a hot pepper forum, but anyhow I learned a lot about queso there. They had a very odd member there that was a type of expert on queso. I suffered all that fer the nacho.

-D

I think it was a hot pepper forum, but anyhow I learned a lot about queso there. They had a very odd member there that was a type of expert on queso. I suffered all that fer the nacho.

I was debating making a beer, jalapeno cheese sauce.

Excellent

History Lesson

Link to Wikipedia on Nachos history

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nachos
I do remember reading that a while back. There are a few places around here that make the traditional ones, but most make the Americanized version.

The best nacho's I've ever had was probably around 25 years ago. Boss and I were down on a business trip to visit a plant in Matamoros MX, we were staying in Brownsville, stopped at a restaurant/bar a couple doors down from the hotel. Steak Fajita Nacho's. Still the best.

That's the same trip I discovered the deliciousness of goat at a restaurant in Matamoros.

Back