THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to say i'm sorry to julie wannbqueen because it turns out Swamp pit was the first team to pay. I must have been drunk on that day because i dont remember taking her money.
julie i am sorry 2 teams paid

Swamp pit bbq
Primal meat smokers

Will drinking? imagine that, just can't picture it or maybe I can...just as long as we understand that I was first! lol

All is forgiven:mrgreen:

I might have to withdraw from this event. I notice we only have 12 teams. I will not accept a 12th in chicken. Unless you find a 13th team im out.It would be against my beliefs to place in any othe spot than 13th. Just my 13 cents

we have had a team drop out of the comp so there is now a spot open contact me at the store 631-208-2580 after 11am
They said they have another comiment that weekend but i belive there just afraid to drink with me thats all i'm going to say about this person.

open spot for contest still?

We would definitely be interested if that space is still available.
thanks
nancee

we have had a team drop out of the comp so there is now a spot open contact me at the store 631-208-2580 after 11am
They said they have another comiment that weekend but i belive there just afraid to drink with me thats all i'm going to say about this person.

We would definitely be interested if that space is still available.
thanks
nancee

you have it
just found out that another team might not be able to make it. whats with all these people afraid to drink with me i dont get it.

FYI it was me that dropped out, and I drank with you at New Paltz last year. It was a little frightening for sure but now that I've done it once I'm not as scared....

FYI it was me that dropped out, and I drank with you at New Paltz last year. It was a little frightening for sure but now that I've done it once I'm not as scared....

couldnt have been that bad your still alive
we will drink again in NH or New Paltz

There is currently one opening for WilliePalooza. If you would like to compete, have a good time and bone up on your skills, please let me know.

Here are the teams that have paid and therefor guaranteed a spot for themselves:

Primal Meat Smokers
I Like Smoke and Lightning
Babylon Grillbillies
The Swamp Pit

Payment is now past due for all other teams.

Please contact Will Breakstone regarding payment.

Thank you,

Eric

6 Sundays till WilliePalooza

Hi,

The time is drawing nigh and the pigs are cowering in fear.

WilliePalooza is almost upon us.

There is currently one opening for a competitor and a few openings for judges.

If you are interested in just coming out and saying 'hi' (this is a Brethren event, after all) and need suggestions on hotels or directions, please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks to fellow Brethren, we have scoring software and Phil has volunteered to bring a laptop and a printer. I'm sure that numerous people will bring digital cameras.

If anyone has mock-up scoring sheets that we could use, please email me a copy (saberinc@optonline.net). Thank you greatly!

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

I would appreciate it if the people heading up the competition teams could do me a favor and send me (saberinc@optonline.net) a brief team bio that I could include in the onsite pamphlet.

If you have sent your payment to Will (meaning your definitely in), please shoot me a couple of paragraphs. Anything (within limits) that you want to include is fine.

Also, there is currently one open slot for a team if someone is interested.

Thank you!

Eric

PS Payment to Will is now PAST DUE.

New Categories!

There are two new categories for Willie-Palooza. There is NO FEE for these entries. Prizes will be awarded!

1) Turn in Saturday at 10:00 pm - Chili (any style)

2) Turn in Sunday at 4:00 pm - Freestyle

Thanks,

Eric

There are two new categories for Willie-Palooza. There is NO FEE for these entries. Prizes will be awarded!

1) Turn in Saturday at 10:00 pm - Chili (any style)

2) Turn in Sunday at 4:00 pm - Freestyle

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

A few questions

1) What are the official turn in times for the 4 main entries on Sunday ?
2) 4 PM seems kind of late for Freestyle (is this Chef's Choice or Anything Goes for Chili ??) entry on a Sunday ?
3) Who's gonna judge at 10PM for Chili ? People hanging out or the teams ?
4) Are all the teams paid up ? Last you noted only 4 teams paid... Just want to be sure that there are going to be enough teams actually competing to continue to block out Sunday afternoon to judge...

Thanks
Vinny

im not paid.. but i am in!. i promise i will pay up. :)

I'm also in for the chili comp.. so everyone else may as well just give up now. :twisted:

Answers to Vinny follow the questions:

1) What are the official turn in times for the 4 main entries on Sunday ?

I will post these tomorrow.

2) 4 PM seems kind of late for Freestyle (is this Chef's Choice or Anything Goes for Chili ??) entry on a Sunday ?

Please suggest a better time. We are very maliable and amenable to suggestions.

3) Who's gonna judge at 10PM for Chili ? People hanging out or the teams ?

Me and other hangers-about (nonCompetitors)

4) Are all the teams paid up ? Last you noted only 4 teams paid... Just want to be sure that there are going to be enough teams actually competing to continue to block out Sunday afternoon to judge...

That is a Will question and I will ask him to address it.

Eric

Vinny threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't get this posted right quick, so here it is:

Turn in times:
You may turn in your entry up to 5 minutes prior to the stated time

Chicken 11:30
Pork 12:30
Brisket 1:00
Ribs 1:30
Chefs Choice 2:30

Eric

Thanks for the confirmation on turn in times Eric !!

Probably just a typo but to avoid confusion, & ensure consistency with KCBS, I think the chicken should be moved up to 12PM.

Back