Brethren Only Comp 'Willie-Pallooza'

Good point. I would prefer to use a facsimile, as using the KCBS materials for a non-KCBS event might tick someone off.

I'll check with Willie and see what he has to say.

Eric

It should be easy enough to recreate the KCBS materials - just by switching the title and logo. I also had a thought about feedback. In any KCBS comp, the competitors never get real insight about why they received the scores they received. At the judges table, we can discuss our opinions only after the score cards are turned in- sometimes we are all in agreement and sometimes not. But the competitors never get real feedback that can help them improve the next time. Since this is an unsanctioned event, you should consider asking the judges to mark down a few quick remarks on a seperate sheet that can later be shared with the team. This competition is small enough to keep this manageable. And as long as we keep it "blind" the judges probably wouldn't mind. How often do you get a chance to know what the judges were thinking?

Walter

It should be easy enough to recreate the KCBS materials - just by switching the title and logo. I also had a thought about feedback. In any KCBS comp, the competitors never get real insight about why they received the scores they received. At the judges table, we can discuss our opinions only after the score cards are turned in- sometimes we are all in agreement and sometimes not. But the competitors never get real feedback that can help them improve the next time. Since this is an unsanctioned event, you should consider asking the judges to mark down a few quick remarks on a seperate sheet that can later be shared with the team. This competition is small enough to keep this manageable. And as long as we keep it "blind" the judges probably wouldn't mind. How often do you get a chance to know what the judges were thinking?

Walter

I would lover that! I would love to get one that says mine really sucked! Seriously i think we all have thick enough skin to take it and i certainly would appreciate it

That's another excellent suggestion! Thanks.

I'll run that by Willie. As long as he's cool with it I don't see a problem.

Eric

Hi guys & gals. I'm still in Va. Beach. My judging trip will end this Wed. 5/2. I judged Pork in the Park in Salisbury & the Smithfield Slammin BBQ in Norfolk. Also spending some quality time with family down here. I would be glad to help with the judging in any way that is needed. This is my 3rd year judging so I have a bunch of contests under my belt. Talk to you again after Wed.

I want to take a moment to thank PlowBoy for his generous donation that will be included in the teams 'goodie bags'. We are trying to do this up right for the competitors while simultaneously giving back all the money in prize cash.

Sorta hard to do!

Rich, please pm me. We can absolutely use your expertise and acumen.

Eric

I hereby nominate DJmarko, aka Rich, to be one table captain since he has more acumen than I, (allegedly) but I can bring some extra San Antonio Red if that would help.

Rich has been kind enough to volunteer his services, and I am hoping to recruit him to lead the judging seminar the night before with Vinnie and to head up a table.

Eric

Rich has been kind enough to volunteer his services, and I am hoping to recruit him to lead the judging seminar the night before with Vinnie and to head up a table.

Eric

Eric, do you have a list going on what we can bring other than our comp. gear to help with the logistics of the event, ie. ext. cords, lights, chairs that might ease the burden on lil' will? tents, tequila??

Eric, do you have a list going on what we can bring other than our comp. gear to help with the logistics of the event, ie. ext. cords, lights, chairs that might ease the burden on lil' will? tents, tequila??

you just worry about cooking
i dont think we should drink during this comp remember i want to start taking this stuff seriously so we can better ourselves for future comps

you just worry about cooking
i dont think we should drink during this comp remember i want to start taking this stuff seriously so we can better ourselves for future comps

This thread is a-fixin' to get interesting! :wink:

TIM

I'll stop by Wills in a few days and try to get the logistical needs worked out. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll post as soon as we work it out.

Eric

Hi,

I wanted to announce that we are also receiving a very generous donation of Williams Grillin' Sauces to include in the competitors bags.

I'll keep everyone updated as we move along. We have a few other surprises coming our way.

Eric

If you report the surprise it kinda loses the element of surprise,I like to open the bag not knowing whats in it .....ash-hole

Back