THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
When the Throwdowns are announced, Moose or Shag include a past entry photo of a previous winner. Many times I click on the picture and review some of the previous Throwdown entry’s. Redhot’s Cinnamon/Apple Breakfast Fattie got me thinking about Fatties so I searched some previous Fatty Throwdowns and found a treasure trove of Fatty ideas to try. This one was from Ron L in 2010. Ron didn’t name his but I dub this the “Blanket in a Pig Fatty”.

Started out rolling 1 lb. of breakfast sausage in a gallon Ziploc. (There are 2 because I made a second, different, fatty) I put these in the fridge and proceeded to make up the other items.

Here are most of the ingredients.

I made Blueberry pancake and egg for us.

I also made this square one on the kamado for the fatty.

Once it was done I took one of my gallon Ziploc s out and cut the top off

and place the Blueberry pancake on it

and proceeded to roll it up.

I cooked these at 350 for 1 hour. I cooked on the upper rack because I wanted the dome to radiate heat onto the tops. (The bottom of the Breakfast Fatty Croissant got a little dark so next time I’ll adjust to a shorter time)

Here it is done

and sliced.

Here it is plated

and with some maple syrup and powdered sugar.
24945528354_919b2b27b8_b.jpg

It was very good! :thumb:

Last edited:
I do blueberry pancakes with sliced fattie on the side but have never though of rolling them up together. Nice, nice, nice!

Wow. That looks AMAZING. I love how light and fluffy the blanket is inside. My only worry would be that it would sponge up all of the fat and get super wet/dense.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Yeah, I know. I thought the same thing when I was writing it. For me though, having a nice fluffy pancake texture with that yummy sausage is the allure to doing something like this... not to mention a way to hold some of that syrup that's drizzled over it.

That came out beautiful!

I guess I didn't name mine, but we did call it a blanket in a pig :thumb:

Here is my original...

P1160365.JPG
Thank you Ron. It was a great idea and it turned out great. When I saw yours I immediately thought of Pigs in a Blanket only reversed. I looked to see if you named yours but didn't see one. Maybe you did in your cook thread but I didn't see it.

Back