Blade Steak & Jerk Chicken

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Marty
Started out by marinating some blade steaks in Frank's "Sweet Chili" for 36 hours
Onto the 18"

e1bcfNa.jpg

After a couple hours they are done

bB0OK5D.jpg

Nellie made some jerk marinade and a chicken went into a ziplock overnight
Onto the 18"

z6cw6np.jpg

It is done, nevermind the plate as this was all her doing

Aez5kSB.jpg

Thanks for looking

Appreciated. I'm always up fer a new jerk. Plenty of jah love, and walkerswood. Even threw tagether yer habanero/mango...peaches here...3x ta date, it's a favorite.

-D

You made me search myself Dave. This should give you a good idea.
From previous posts.

Terry,
Here is the one Nellie uses
6T vegetable oil- ¼ C fresh lime juice- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped- 4 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, stemmed and seeded, coarsely chopped- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped- 2T fresh thyme- 1t minced peeled fresh ginger- 1T packed dark brown sugar- 2t allspice berries- 1t kosher salt- 1/4t ground black pepper- 2T white vinegar
Puree 4T oil and the next 10 ingredients until smooth
Take 1/4C and wisk in a small bowl with balance of oil and vinegar plus more salt to taste and refrigerate for glaze later

vhh7Lbj.jpg

Love the blade steaks. Not a cut I've seen here. From the shoulder blade I'm thinking. We might have had them here at tone time and called them Y Bone Chops.

Top shelf as always, Marty! Thanks fer putting up the jerk recipe and props ta Dave fer askin’ fer it. Will definitely be giving it a go.

Haven’t had seen blade steaks for probably ten years but when done right they’re excellent eats. By marinating as long as you did, those had to be kick a$$!

Back