Beware R&O smokers

Thursday was the last day I had any contact with R&O he said then he would get by with me Friday on the status of my Pitt. I didn't hear anything Friday or over the weekend. I sent him a text this afternoon and again no reply. Im giving them until Friday then I will look into small claims court. Does anyone know how that works? Or should I hire an attorney I'm out just over $3000 dollars for deposit.

Call the local police department (his), right after you exhaust every option with your bank.
Also in this day and age you can hit him on his facebook page...I don't personally have facebook, but I've heard pressure on social media can hurry up some closure...$3000 aint spare change, best of luck and let us know how it pans out.
-D

Sorry about your troubles but I think he keeps pushing you to the back of the line because your being too nice or lenient. Time to engage him and be real aggressive in doing so.

I'd go for refund personally and go with a reputable builder. There are plenty of them.

Time for him to produce or refund. This is not the place to get a bad name for poor delivery times or crapy sevice when you are making cookers. Good luck DouG

Thursday was the last day I had any contact with R&O he said then he would get by with me Friday on the status of my Pitt. I didn't hear anything Friday or over the weekend. I sent him a text this afternoon and again no reply. Im giving them until Friday then I will look into small claims court. Does anyone know how that works? Or should I hire an attorney I'm out just over $3000 dollars for deposit.

Most states do not allow attorney's in small claims court, and you have to file in the town where the business is located. Make sure you have all documentation giving delivery date and any subsequent text messages. Telephone conversations are considered hearsay and not accepted unless you have recorded them.

Sorry to hear what you have to go through. I just ordered a smoker too with advance payment, I'm very nervous.

Call the local police department (his), right after you exhaust every option with your bank.
Also in this day and age you can hit him on his facebook page...I don't personally have facebook, but I've heard pressure on social media can hurry up some closure...$3000 aint spare change, best of luck and let us know how it pans out.
-D

The police won't get involved. It's a breached contract, not a crime. If you know an attorney who could write them a letter threatening will all kinds of horrible and nefarious things, that might get them to refund you so you'll go away.

I don't think I'd want a pit now if I were you. If you ever have a problem with it, you're on your own. Hope you can find a way to get your money back.

I don't think I'd want a pit now if I were you. If you ever have a problem with it, you're on your own. Hope you can find a way to get your money back.

I agree, the whole experience with R&O would put a bad taste in my mouth. Hoping it all ends good for you.

Sorry about your troubles but I think he keeps pushing you to the back of the line because your being too nice or lenient. Time to engage him and be real aggressive in doing so.

I'd go for refund personally and go with a reputable builder. There are plenty of them.

This... I had to get pretty aggressive with him and it still took 3+ months and he finally overnighted me a personal check.

Sucks to hear things like this. And $3K is a big deal. It may take some time, but fortunately for you this has happened plenty of times before, and precedents have been set. Long as you're willing to do the legwork, you will get your money back.

The police won't get involved. It's a breached contract, not a crime. If you know an attorney who could write them a letter threatening will all kinds of horrible and nefarious things, that might get them to refund you so you'll go away.

Im sorry to hear about your problems. I know it can be very frustrating. That being said I am fortunate to have a wife who works for lawyers. Believe me a letter from a law firm can go a long way in settling a dispute. I have used a letter a few times and it worked out fine.

If it makes you feel any better I had the same experience. I did receive mine, but it took a lot longer than the original estimate time.
Once you get it, you will enjoy it. I agree though, the communication is horrible. When you pick it up, bring copies of emails/texts of all the things you agreed on (size, paint color, wheel selection, exhaust type, door style, etc) and make sure that it got done as you ordered.
Good luck with it!

This is going to be a little long not trying to bash anyone just don't want anyone to have the problems I have had.

In April I decided to bite the bullet and by a trailer smoker. After shopping around for days I decided on a R&O Pitt in Granburry Texas. I read multiple reviews on this site and others like it to be safe, since I live in the Kansas City and they are located in Texas. Everything seemed good so I called and got a quote at the time he said the build time would be 6 weeks. On April 11 I called and placed my order and sent my deposit for the Pitt (several thousand dollars). At that time he told me he had already started a build and now it would only take 4 weeks. April 18 I texted R&O and they received my deposit.
Here's were it goes bad not one time after April 12 have I received a phone call or text initiated by R&O on the status of my pit. I sent texts and left messages serval times on the status of my Pitt. I got a few text back but they were always vague and I could never get a finish date. 6 times I got no reply at all to my Text multiple times I heard I'll stop by the shop and check and then I wouldn't hear anything back. On May 26 I did get a reply to my text that said my Pitt was built just needed sandblasted and painted. Finally in mid-June I drove 600 miles to Granbury to see if the place really existed. The owner wasn't there when I got there but one of the workers was there so I talked to him and looked around. My Pitt wasn't in the shop he said there was one out getting sand blasted maybe that was mine. So I went back home not feeling to bad because the place was there and they had some really nice pits. So I waited 3 more weeks. Thursday I sent a text and said I've had enough I want a refund. I got a text back with an apology and he said he would go check the shop tomorrow and see what's going on. Still haven't heard back from him... It's been 12 weeks of a 6 week build zero customer service if you are planning on buying a Pitt you might want to think twice about these guys.

I would rather have money back and no pit for the experience. Wouldn't want someone like that having a penny from my pocket. Not to mention after you constantly have to stay on them about getting your rig done. I would be unsure about the quality. Hope things work out for you.

I would rather have money back and no pit for the experience. Wouldn't want someone like that having a penny from my pocket. Not to mention after you constantly have to stay on them about getting your rig done. I would be unsure about the quality. Hope things work out for you.

This ^^. Exactly why I bought a Champion pit and so glad I didn't get an R&O after I heard so many lies from him. Customer service goes a long way and Billy (R&O) is really lacking to say the least.

Get your money back you don't want to have to callback for an adjustment. Get YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP.

Back