Beef Blasphemy: APL Inspired Beaten and Charred Reverse Seared Tri-Tip

Hmmmm.....

I just picked up a 2 pack of TT's from Costco that I was going to "experiment" with. May have to give this a shot.

A lot of meat beating going around the forum. :mrgreen:

On a serious note that's an awesome cook sir. :thumb: Cooked just how I like it.

Moose that looks awesome.

I recently way over paid for a marinated TT that they put in a tumbler while it soaks. The texture was just as you describe. I don't know if it was "punished" (for lack of a better term) as much as yours but it had me thinking that bouncing of the sides while tumbling had to be the difference but I was thinking of ways to replicate it. I think you may have found my answer, or at least first try. :thumb:

Moose that looks awesome.

I recently way over paid for a marinated TT that they put in a tumbler while it soaks. The texture was just as you describe. I don't know if it was "punished" (for lack of a better term) as much as yours but it had me thinking that bouncing of the sides while tumbling had to be the difference but I was thinking of ways to replicate it. I think you may have found my answer, or at least first try. :thumb:

Tom, was that the Cardiff crack that you posted earlier this week?

A lot of meat beating going around the forum. :mrgreen:

On a serious note that's an awesome cook sir. :thumb: Cooked just how I like it.

On a not so serious note, it was inevitable. But seriously, i agree, great cook.

Guess I missed this one when you first posted it. Will check it out.

Don't know why but haven't cooked many tri-tips this year. Need to correct this.

Looksreal good

I am having the wife look this over. When people ask how I got such a tender TT I would prefer to say the wife beat the meat than tell them I did it.

Guess that make me a homophobic redneck....

One would think that applying the wet rub before pounding the meat would result in a more firm TT. However, in this case, the TT became more tender and this prepounding technique resulted in less splatter and easier clean up.

Whoa, so you're telling me I need to beat my meat and rub it with garlic before feeding it to the missus. OK, I'll give it a try. :thumb:

Back