Sous Vide Tri Tip

I think this thread, a long with a chimichurri thread I recently saw, has put tri tip on my menu for the weekend.

SV tri tip is absolutely awesome. IME, noticeably more tender then reverse sear. I do 5 hrs at 115. For the sear I get my BGE screaming hot with lump and hickory chunks. I will then sear it until 120 IT. This imparts a lot of grill/smoke flavor on the meat in a short amount of time.

That looks delicious! Tri-tip is one of my favorite cuts.. and about the only thing California gets right lol. And now you have me craving it! Think I'm going to have to head down to the store in a bit and grab one.

I like to throw them in my Pellet Pro vertical on the smoke setting for a couple of hours until they hit an internal temp of about 120, then reverse sear on my Blackstone just because it's easy.

Whatever is left over I'll let it cool down by throwing it in the freezer for a little bit, then slice paper thin on my deli slicer for French dip sandwiches.

I think this thread, a long with a chimichurri thread I recently saw, has put tri tip on my menu for the weekend.

SV tri tip is absolutely awesome. IME, noticeably more tender then reverse sear. I do 5 hrs at 115. For the sear I get my BGE screaming hot with lump and hickory chunks. I will then sear it until 120 IT. This imparts a lot of grill/smoke flavor on the meat in a short amount of time.

You should try a forward sear. But yes, a sauce like Chimichurri would make SV Tri-Tip much better.

Back