THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why-Why-WHy-WHY FARKN WHY????

My last two camping trips I was near a group of drunk Kentucky boys eating lunchables (Lone Cone in Co) and then a family of 12 with two boomboxes (monument lake Co)

Why don't I ever run into The camping Chef????

CI Bacon Biscuits???-- get outta here- that's awesome

I love that! I think the term "happy camper" has got to originate with the people who get to eat your cookin' while they're camping. That looks like one of those go right back to sleep type breakfasts, no matter how much coffee you've had with it.

Just fantastic Jeanie!

Thank you for the kind comments! It's becoming one of my favorite camp breakfasts. A lot quicker to make than fatty benedicts. :grin:

What's in the gravy? Sausage, all purpose flour ... In the last couple of photos what I assume is the gravy looks like fluffy rice or a stuffing rather than what I (an Australian) recognise as gravy?

Looks awesome might have to get myself a big pot like that one.
Not a great pic of the biscuit and gravy plated. I scooped up some gravy and biscuit then had to move the biscuit over...leaving cooked biscuit on top of the gravy.
Anywho... I brown spicy sausage, add flour, salt and lots of cracked black pepper, then milk. Simmer til thickened, plop the biscuits on top and add heat to the lid of the DO and let them brown. Hope that makes sense! Thanks!

I love your B&G cooks. It always looks absolutely amazing.
Husker thanks, good to see ya. :)

Man I love sausage gravy, hell even just gravy, and bacon, and everything else you cook. I can't help but to think if we were married I'd be dead by now. On the bright side I'd die richer because I could just sell all my cookers and let you cook for me. :-D
:laugh: Jason this make me laugh. No chance of dying from the food... maybe from changing the back porch light or chasing cattle. Believe me, I'd work the food right off of ya. :laugh: Thanks Friend. :thumb:

Jen.... That looks amazing.... I am sure you fad some happy campers...:)... I sure would have been.. I would have tag along for the eats alone!!! You always do it up!!!!

Paul, thanks so much! You'd be welcome at camp. :grin:

why-Why-WHy-WHY FARKN WHY????

My last two camping trips I was near a group of drunk Kentucky boys eating lunchables (Lone Cone in Co) and then a family of 12 with two boomboxes (monument lake Co)

Why don't I ever run into The camping Chef????

CI Bacon Biscuits???-- get outta here- that's awesome

:laugh: Adams... You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I've camped at Monument lake, pretty place, I can imagine how those boom boxes filled the air! What a nightmare. lol
There's room at the campsite for you, bring your folding chair and cold beverage. Thanks!

Great food. If I ate everything you cook I would be as big as a house.

I'm back home, it's popcorn suppers and snacking while leaning over the sink. lol Thanks Mongo!

I love that! I think the term "happy camper" has got to originate with the people who get to eat your cookin' while they're camping. That looks like one of those go right back to sleep type breakfasts, no matter how much coffee you've had with it.

Just fantastic Jeanie!

Thank you Greg! :becky: Some days I just wanted to stay in the tent and not cook at all. It was kind of cold! lol

Thanks again everyone!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back