Baby back rib comparison cook

Thanks, I found the Duroc to be moister and I will give them another shot this weekend and see if a couple of the suggestions will help with the blow-out. If so, I will consider using them in my comp.

I did a rack of Prairie Saturday for Sunday ... brought them over to my daughters and asked that they put them in the oven to warm up .... didn't watch what was going on ... so about an hour + later @ 350 degrees the suckers were nuked !!!! Next time I'll set the temp..... but they did turn out well and everyone liked them ... go figure ... I'll never win any comp !!!!

Great job Ron! I have stayed away from baby backs since we had a string with big fat pockets. Our Walmart has prairie fresh now and have been doing the pork loins 1.84 lb for lunches. I heard good things about chairmans reserve too. A store by my Mom's carries it but, keep on forgetting to grab some. Once I do I will let you all know.

Great job Ron! I have stayed away from baby backs since we had a string with big fat pockets. Our Walmart has prairie fresh now and have been doing the pork loins 1.84 lb for lunches. I heard good things about chairmans reserve too. A store by my Mom's carries it but, keep on forgetting to grab some. Once I do I will let you all know.

Thanks, Joe. I'm hoping to find some Chairman's Reserve myself and give them a test run, but so far no one in my area seems to carry them. The website I looked at said that Fresh Market has them around here, but they don't carry St Louis, so I may have to go with the baby backs on those. I have seen Chairman's Reserve once and I think that was in Oklahoma.

Back