At war with the wife.

I dont see the problem....next time she brings up "shed" simply laugh, and tell her shes cute when shes joking....when she gets mad and says "im not joking"...tell her "well, your cute when your angry too"....and buy your smoker...shed..?...pfft...

You know your not going to win, so be sneaky:heh:

Well it sucks that nobody would buy your Shirley. But to console her you can build that shed this weekend. Then maybe just by some miracle someone will come along and buy that shirley in about a month. Then it's new cooker time.
I do have a local guy coming over Saturday to look at it. Got my fingers crossed.i really don't want to list it on Craigslist.

I am fortunate wife of 45 years just rolls her eyes when I bring home new toys.

She never asks for much. Recently she wanted a travel trailer so "we" now have one. We needed other things more than the trailer, but..

I do know that it is easier to ask for forgiveness that ask for permission.

My big problem is when I am gone I am afraid she may sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them.

Women... What can you do? Can't fight them... Trust me I know I tried and it doesn't work at all. Give up and build the shed.

Since I stopped fighting over the little things my wife buys me a 6 pack of rolling rock beer every weekend and I occasionally get a big brisket surprise. Oh and somehow I don't have to mow the lawn anymore.... I don't get it and I am not even going to pretend to get it. Just nod your head and say yes dear and your life will be better.... I am serious not joking at all. Nod the head and say yes dear and you too can have a lawn mowing wife who puts a 6 pack in your fridge every weekend and a brisket on occasion. It makes no sense to me but my lawn sure looks good and I don't even have to lift a finger anymore. Life is good :) oh and I really love Rolling Rock beer. Although it may be so she can tolerate me. She says I am more fun with beer in me and not so uptight. I never thought I was uptight but she is happier and so am I. I got beer, farking huge brisket, and nicely mowed lawn that I don't have to do anything to anymore and did I mention we only have a push mower. :) life is really good.
Ufbr5ej.gif

:laugh:

It's easy to dismiss something that means a great deal to someone else, when you aren't into it or it's not your hobby. Unless you're passionate about it, you just won't get it. My wife knows me well enough to know that I work my tail off, and provide whatever we need, so if I wanna get something that brings me a shred of happiness, she doesn't complain. Goes both ways, though. *COUGH* shoes, purses *COUGH*

It's easy to dismiss something that means a great deal to someone else, when you aren't into it or it's not your hobby. Unless you're passionate about it, you just won't get it. My wife knows me well enough to know that I work my tail off, and provide whatever we need, so if I wanna get something that brings me a shred of happiness, she doesn't complain. Goes both ways, though. *COUGH* shoes, purses *COUGH*

*cough*Shirley*cough*meat*wood*cough*
Keep your damn purse.

you should really build a nice smokehouse, it kind of looks like a shed and think about how much meat you can smoke in that

Build the shed,order the new smoker.Then work the overtime to pay for smoker.It takes awhile for the new build so you have time to save up.And don't forget to throw in a few back and foot rubs.That always helps to change her way of thinking about a new smoker.

Reading these posts...I am blessed. My husband puts up with my purchases of smokers and meat and contraptions.
Actually, I might print this thread out and leave it on his desk.

They why ain't he manning the all night brisket cook so you can get some sleep? Ooops, another thread. :caked:

I'll ask the Wife about this as soon as she gets in from mowing the yard.

I never said I wasn't going to pay for it somehow.... You should realize perks like that come with a price. I ain't asking and I am just waiting for what it may be. For now I will enjoy the perks pay for it later. I think maybe she knows she can put me out cold with a few beers and the brisket tastes alright. It keeps me busy and out of her hair. I am sure you realize I am a real pain in the arse. :) oh and the lawn mowing gives her a break from chasing the kids. That's what she told me. Even said she likes the exercise... Who the Heck likes exercise? I sure don't .

Back