Asian on the Blackstone...Ton of pR0n

Why do all you bastards live so far away from me...makes it hard to come and get the leftovers!

Looks really good mate.

Wow, great job on each dish, and on managing the process, that was perfect.

Thanks Bob. I've had a little experience cooking multiple items at a time, just my restaurant background. But hell, that was over 30 years ago :shock:. But the timing worked out pretty nicely.

Wow, Kim. You really nailed it! And the nice crisp you got on those dumplings is as good as it gets...

Thanks Moose. I think I have the dumplings themselves down pretty well, I've made those indoors many times, now I just need to refine my dipping sauce to take them to the next level.

Wow! That's awesome ! Do you give lessons?

Thanks Mikey, I have given a few cooking lessons over the years, but I have to say.......make You Tube your friend, you watch enough of those on a particular dish, and you'll start seeing common threads, that hopefully lead to somewhat of an authentic dish.

Then when you post your cooks here, you get some great feedback from folks who know that particular cuisine. In my case, I received some great tips and advice from Landarc and Buccaneer, a couple of our resident experts on Asian cuisine:-D.

Man that is beautiful! All these Blackstone posts are going to cost me more money soon I think!:tsk:

Great cook, Kim! You keep cooking like this and you're going to make me buy a blackstone!

Thanks Blythe and Shag, it really was a fun cook. If you guys go for a griddle, I don't think you'll be disappointed, if you love to cook, it's a great "tool" to have in the box:-D. As to the Blackstone product, I really am happy with it, but I have nothing to compare it to other than the grills I cooked on professionally, It seems to be more that adequate for the "home cook" in my opinion.

And to all the rest of you folks, thanks for the great feedback:-D.

KC

That looks great. Every bit of the cook and the result. Lots of stuff to manage there. Really nice to have that holding area! I've looked at the Blackstone's for awhile and just can't pull the trigger....

Took on a pretty ambitious cook, and it was FUN:-D.

The menu was;
Chicken yakisoba
Fried rice
Ginger pork and mushrooms
Potstickers

The wife said it was incredible, And I thought it all came out real, real good, but in my opinion I have a few tweaks to make, but I'm real close to what I'm looking for. I was quite happy with the results.

Thanks for looking all, sorry for such a lengthy post.

KC

Outstanding! Much prep and great organization! I want some!

Care to share your thoughts on tweaks? :becky:

You know, If I entertained guests regularly, I think that would be a real kick.

That looks great. Every bit of the cook and the result. Lots of stuff to manage there. Really nice to have that holding area! I've looked at the Blackstone's for awhile and just can't pull the trigger....

Thanks Marty. If I hadn't come across it on sale, I'm not sure I would have gotten one myself. It is fun to cook on though.

Outstanding! Much prep and great organization! I want some!

Care to share your thoughts on tweaks? :becky:

Thanks SoCal. As for "tweaks", I just want to work on developing the flavors I want/like. I just need to play around with the seasonings/sauces a bit til I find what hits my hot button:-D.

KC

Back