Anyone use this patty smasher?

Can you please just delete this thread before others, or myself get banned? It was my thread after all. Nobody wants to play nice with me. lol

How about I ban you now. You're not "playing" nice with anyone else. Quit your passive aggressive victim chit.

The Idea behind a smash burger is to smash it immediatly, and not touch it. Otherwise, it expels juices. Its the same effect as poking holes in a partially cooked burger.

The FACT here SRM is that the meat is still RAW. The idea is that You can ROLL the ball over and smash it so it WONT STICK TO YOUR SMASHER from Lowe’s. You still only smash it once and flip it ONCE.

How about I ban you now. You're not "playing" nice with anyone else. Quit your passive aggressive victim chit.

Well put... Is that a "it's not me, it's you" type statement.... I think we all agree.. :pray:

Just saying to the Mods, look at this jokers profile, 0 original cook posts but he is sure heavy on the advice and especially the criticism... just sayn....

Thanks,
Greg

Just saying to the Mods, look at this jokers profile, 0 original cook posts but he is sure heavy on the advice and especially the criticism... just sayn....

Thanks,
Greg

Or she. Sure reminds me of EyeBurnEverything aka Candice. She or he :noidea: was from Philly IIRC.

I ordered mine from Amazon, worked out about a dollar cheaper after shipping.

I saw those options, but they didn't appear to be from Amazon themselves, and I don't trust their thirds party sellers. Always a nightmare if anything doesn't go right..

I was thinking about this Winco model, that seems to be about the same thing..

I was just looking at something similar the other day - Ballistic Smasher on Craycort's website. They have 4 different sizes; from 3 to 6 oz and I was wondering if it was worth the hassle. I normally weigh out 3-4oz balls, then smash them on a cast iron griddle with a Dexter 6"x5" turner, then set a Lodge cast iron grill press on top of the burger. Decided against it since I kind of like the thin crusty edges I get using my method.

I bought Greg's smasher from Craycort and have really liked it. Prior to that, I used spatulas, but kept feeling like I was one smash away from destroying my spatula. I used a Lodge press, too, but it didn't work that well, for me. I also like the rim around the bottom that keeps it uniform around the edges of the burger. It's a bit expensive, but it does a great job.

I saw those options, but they didn't appear to be from Amazon themselves, and I don't trust their thirds party sellers. Always a nightmare if anything doesn't go right..

I saw that one too - I probably would have ordered it if I hadn’t already ordered the Vollrath.

I ordered the Winco model, was going to order the Vollrath but went the easy route with Amazon Prime. We do a lot of smash burgers around here so I'll post a new thread when I get it.

I like the ghetto blackstone one I have. It is recessed so the burgers come out the same thickness vs just pressing down and guessing with a flat press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dragging this thread back out, as I received my 2.5lb Vollrath smasher. No 3rd party issues from Amazon and the warranty (lol it’s a solid shaped piece of stainless with a silicone handle) isn’t valid for home-use smashers anyway.

I made some smashburgers an hour ago, no parchment paper necessary - I have squares of it, but didn’t need to use them, as it slides cleanly off after smashing. It’s heavy enough to make easy work of it, but not so much as to be unwieldy.

Here are the first six 2.5oz patties I smashed with it, works perfectly and I will get a lot of use out of it.

Attachments

• 44A14306-18A5-4BFC-91B9-5D282F564082.jpg
    44A14306-18A5-4BFC-91B9-5D282F564082.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 40
Back