A Very Green Chile Double White tail Cheese Burger

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
It's Labor Day weekend so I decided to head for the hills to get away from it all and spend some quality time with my good friend Allen (AKA Gringoloco).

He has 55 acres abutting the Gila National Forest about 10 or 15 miles outside of Silver City New Mexico (45 minutes from town on the County and Forest Service roads).

It seems like every time we get together, we eat really well. We like to show off our skills trying to impress one another. This weekend it was my turn.

In case you haven't heard, there is a special month-long "Burger Challenge" throw down going on. https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300318

Allen had some ground venison in the freezer so I decided to do up some burgers on his Blackstone.

Sorry Carl.

He also had some roasted and peeled green chiles on hand. (Since he lives this close to the Hatch valley; the phrase "Hatch green chile" seems almost redundant).

I chopped some of the chiles and mixed them into the meat with some grated cheese and some Camo rub from Hard Core Carnivore.
I made 4 patties and threw them on the Blackstone.
When they were just about done I topped them with more grated cheese and prepared the buns. I smeared some secret sauce on the bottom bun and some of Allen's signature salsa rojo on the top one.

Now it was time to build the burger.
The 1st layer was a bed of whole green chiles. Layer 2 was one patty. The 3rd layer was more green chiles. I followed that with another patty and another layer of green chiles and then the top bun. (Did I mention that we really really like green chiles?)

Biting into that thing made my knees weak. It was a near orgasmic experience. The heavens opened and the angels sang. I nailed it for sure. I do believe Allen was impressed. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to top this one the next time we get together.

If you have kept reading all the way through this long winded post, I thank you and I want to reward you with some gratuitous pron:

Attachments

• burger 1.jpg
    burger 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 218
  • burger 2.jpg
    burger 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 217
  • burger 3.jpg
    burger 3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 217
  • burger 4.jpg
    burger 4.jpg