Another Game Hen Project

Girl, your combo of camping and cooking is the highest form of living. Thanks for sharing. I was especially glad to hear the Coors Light was flowing. Any chance I could convert you to a Shiner drinker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Kevin! Wish I had the beautiful countryside and lakes for camping that you have in your area. :grin:
I am a Shiner fan! lol I keep it in my beer fridge. Coors Light is my go-to beer but I'll always have Shiner on hand. :laugh:

Thanks for sharing Jeanie, those birds look great and the cook looks delicious.

A friend of mine built a plucker a long time ago and had the prongs on the outside. It spun horizontally and you just held the bird and moved it around to get the job done. The only point in bringing this up was to say that if you didn't hold on tight, half plucked ducks would get airborne. :tsk::mrgreen::crazy:

I can overhear the conversation between the hens.

"Turn the other way, your breath smells like garlic!"

"So does yours!"

"Hey cowgirl, can we get some breath mints in our next batch of feed, please?"

Great post, fantastic cook. All looks good as usual. Thanks for sharing.

-lunchman

Jeanie, any video of the plucker in action?

I don't, but there are a lot of videos out there. The barrel is stationary while the bottom spins. I left a gap between the sides and bottom for the water and feathers to exit. I drop a bird in and use the water hose to spray the bird and wash the feathers out the bottom of the barrel.
Here's a link to some more pluckers.. http://thepoultryguide.com/8-homemade-chicken-pluckers-on-a-budget/
They sell fancy ones for $700 or more. I used stuff around the ranch and spent under $50. It works just fine.
Thanks pmad!

A friend of mine built a plucker a long time ago and had the prongs on the outside. It spun horizontally and you just held the bird and moved it around to get the job done. The only point in bringing this up was to say that if you didn't hold on tight, half plucked ducks would get airborne. :tsk::mrgreen::crazy:

:laugh::laugh: I've used one with the prongs on the outside. They DO launch birds. lol Sounds like fun Joe! :becky:

I can overhear the conversation between the hens.

"Turn the other way, your breath smells like garlic!"

"So does yours!"

"Hey cowgirl, can we get some breath mints in our next batch of feed, please?"

Great post, fantastic cook. All looks good as usual. Thanks for sharing.

-lunchman

:laugh::laugh: Thanks Lunchman!

Doesn't get any fresher than that, Jeanie. :-D

That's quite the operation you have there with the birds.

From the grocery store, duh :boom:

That is a nice lead up to a great looking dish! I like your feed idea! Keep it coming madame!
Like this

hunters-clipping.jpg

Game hens are a favorite cook around here. Yours look STELLAR!!! Very interesting and informative post! :clap2:

Back