A Beef Cheek Breakfast

That looks good CG. I worked shift work for 46 yrs. so Mrs Lobo didn't have to cook b'fast every day. I Retired a little over 2 yrs ago. We now gotta fix b'fast for 2 every morning. I don't do processed wheat stuff and she don't like whole wheat. So pancakes/waffles are out of the question. Bacon & eggs get boring, B'fast tacos, oatmeal and granola do too after a while. So this sounds like a great boring breakfast breaker.
BUT: never seen beef cheeks in the local HEB nor any of the other stores around. Will keep lookin!

That looks good CG. I worked shift work for 46 yrs. so Mrs Lobo didn't have to cook b'fast every day. I Retired a little over 2 yrs ago. We now gotta fix b'fast for 2 every morning. I don't do processed wheat stuff and she don't like whole wheat. So pancakes/waffles are out of the question. Bacon & eggs get boring, B'fast tacos, oatmeal and granola do too after a while. So this sounds like a great boring breakfast breaker.
BUT: never seen beef cheeks in the local HEB nor any of the other stores around. Will keep lookin!

Thanks Locolobo! I bet your breakfasts are delicious!
The local grocery stores carry beef cheeks here... Walmart carries them too. Hope you find some to try! :grin:

And I mean that in a "I couldn't have done that on a cold morn." sort of way. :mrgreen:
I didn't suffer too badly. Put the skillets on to cook and went back inside to prep the rest. The eggs probably took the most attention. :grin:

Is it even possible that it could taste as good as it looks??

Wow

Thank you Rodemier! :grin:

How do you cook the beef cheeks?

I simmer the cheeks on low with onions and beef stock. Remove from pan, separate the meat from the veins and icky stuff. Shred the meat, salt to taste and bag for the freezer. Strain the stock and keep for other dishes.
It's nice to have bags of prepared cheeks on hand for quick meals.

Back