A Backyard Breakfast

That looks so fresh, amazing, and healthy. I definitely wish that was my breakfast today!
Thanks Kevin! I like knowing where my food comes from. At least I know the animals were treated well. :-D

Lovin' Cowgirl's country life. As always Jeanie, you never cease to amaze. That is one awesome breakfast.
It's been a good summer, Dom! Hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks! :-D

Wow! That is the way I would love to wake up every morning, but my city is not zoned for chickens as livestock (my neighbor tried), so I guess that I will also be foraging at the grocery store, but moving wouldn't be so bad either.
Fantastic cook and post, as always.
Thank you Ron! Too bad about the chickens. At least they tried!
Hope all is well on your end of the world! :-D

You have quite the garden there!
I bet the hens feel special at the egg plant with their red curtains! :-D
Thanks Mike! The garden kept me busier than usual this year. High heat caused problems but I was happy with what it produced.
lol The hens like privacy. :laugh:

Now I know what to have for breakfast too bad it's a little too far.

Thanks Joe! I'd share if you lived closer. :laugh:

Mine eyes is berry. berry happy!
Ed
I'm glad you're happy, Ed! :-D
Thanks!

Beutiful. That plate would do me for the day. (Chase it with wine or beer?)
Thanks George! No wine or beer. Sounds like a tasty idea though! :-D

The perfect start for a great day.

Good to see ya, Joe! Thanks! :-D

Great cook, as always

Thanks so much! I was able to put a lot of the produce away for the year. I think I'm set for winter. :laugh:

Looks absolutely wonderful neighbor!

Our chickens are protesting eggs right now.

Thank you Neighbor!! I hear that a cold spell is headed your way. Maybe the "girls" are saving energy. lol Keep warm! :-D

Some serious righteousness going on there!

Good to see ya Mike! Hope all is going well with you! Thanks for the kind comment. :-D

Another great pictorial,,,,
U have me drooling,,,
And I love the Egg Plant !!!!
Thank you, Don! The hens like to peck at the curtains. I had bows on the tie backs but they were the first items the "girls" removed. :laugh:

That's awesome, Jeanie! :thumb:

Thanks you John! Good to see ya! :-D

Dammit. . . I just got home from the gym, this thread made me so hungry. . . . Great looking photos, I am jealous of your farm. . .

- G

Dammit. . . I just got home from the gym, this thread made me so hungry. . . . Great looking photos, I am jealous of your farm. . .

- G

Thanks Gamma! It's sort of a healthy meal... if I leave out the bacon drippin's and hog belly. :laugh:

Good lord! I don't know that I've ever seen a better thread posted here.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Eyes went to that squash. What a grand garden you managed in some brutal weather this year.
BTW- wind gusts to 80-90mph on The High Plains today.
Find your rocks

Last edited:
That is a pretty omlette! I like you non traditional veggies AND pork belly is always appropriate for breakfast.

Eyes went to that squash. What a grand garden you managed in some brutal weather this year.
BTW- wind gusts to 80-90mph on The High Plains today.
Find your rocks

Thanks Adams! I had to put up some temporary shade over the squash but they really thrived this year. Unfortunately, the hens found the squash growing behind the garden fence... I had to pound t posts and fence the vines off to keep them from eating it. lol
Thanks for the heads up! Rocks on the ready. :laugh:

That is a pretty omlette! I like you non traditional veggies AND pork belly is always appropriate for breakfast.

Thank you Jeremy! I like using any veggie that sounds good at the moment. I should have dug up a tatoe too... forgot about them. :-D

Looks amazing Jeanie!

Bruce
Thanks so much Bruce! Hope you're having a great weekend! :-D

YUM I say a Backyard FEAST :hungry: What temp did you sous vide the pork belly

Thank you George! I sous vide the belly for 10 hours at 160F. A friend told me about doing this and I wanted to give it a try. The belly turned out very tasty and tender! I did season it with some of my cold smoked SPOG before bagging for the sous vide and before searing.
Hope you give it a go sometime! :-D

Back