A Backyard Breakfast

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Morning ritual, let the hens out to chase bugs, gather eggs, check the livestock and the garden.
Then I fill my basket with breakfast items..

SbvU8xG.jpg

3QesDTc.jpg

fU5wDmp.jpg

The squash went crazy this year..

GpxvMnt.jpg

MTCrrHS.jpg

3KVl2YD.jpg

PURL0o1.jpg

eggs from the EggPlant

KYqlbRN.jpg

oz5h2Pd.jpg

Hog belly from the back pen..

9og66BO.jpg

nSL9WSl.jpg

IV3eZax.jpg

Eggs, veggies and some fresh herbs...

rIyPBKQ.jpg

InWF59d.jpg

I cooked a piece of belly the day before, in the sous vide for 10hrs..then seared.

ZDwMXvB.jpg

VWhRG5N.jpg

YQnIvvg.jpg

3GK4JDT.jpg

S4EcAsB.jpg

38yC0RI.jpg

topped with the remaining veggies ..

wMHq99J.jpg

griddled a few slices of belly....

O1CatpO.jpg

AJ3nTPy.jpg

Topped the omelette with belly and fresh herbs and called er good.

1TO4R7z.jpg

Fdccrr1.jpg

ORDHVUo.jpg

Nothing fancy, but homegrown food tastes special to me. Very satisfying. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Jeanie, why do you do this to me at 04:53, not fair.
But it looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Great looking breakfast.

There's a part of me that is jealous of the farm lifestyle you live. Growing all your own food, meat and veggies.

Then I think of all the work you must put in to grow those things that you don't show in your food posts and I understand a little more why I go to the grocery store to buy mine.

Love seeing how you live and cook. Much more entertaining than my urban ways. Thanks for the posts.

Looks like the garden did well this summer. An omelette with fresh eggs and pork - can't beat that with a stick.

That looks so fresh, amazing, and healthy. I definitely wish that was my breakfast today!

Wow! That is the way I would love to wake up every morning, but my city is not zoned for chickens as livestock (my neighbor tried), so I guess that I will also be foraging at the grocery store, but moving wouldn't be so bad either.
Fantastic cook and post, as always.

You have quite the garden there!
I bet the hens feel special at the egg plant with their red curtains! :-D

Cowgirl livin’ the LIFE!

Thanks Jeremy! :-D

Jeanie, why do you do this to me at 04:53, not fair.
But it looks fantastic.
Thank you Marty! Just saw your latest beach pic in the photo thread. Absolutely beautiful!! :cool::-D

Great looking breakfast.

There's a part of me that is jealous of the farm lifestyle you live. Growing all your own food, meat and veggies.

Then I think of all the work you must put in to grow those things that you don't show in your food posts and I understand a little more why I go to the grocery store to buy mine.

Love seeing how you live and cook. Much more entertaining than my urban ways. Thanks for the posts.

Thank you Fooball! It's totally worth the effort. :thumb:

Another fantastic cook!

Thank you Robb! :-D

Looks like the garden did well this summer. An omelette with fresh eggs and pork - can't beat that with a stick.

I hope your garden was successful too, Kevin! Thanks for the kind comment! :-D

Back