THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very nice work bro, I've previously dry aged rib roasts with a dedicated fridge, a rack and a small fan in the fridge. The first 2 times turned out great but the last time I did it my spare fridge was on the outs and it didnt stay cold enough for the entire 3 weeks. I was stubborn so I trimmed it and decided to eat one anyways. Long story short I got sick and I threw the rest away. I'm gonna try the Umai bags with my foodsaver vac sealer so I'll avoid that problem again. Thanks for the pics

Thanks Kdub!

That's terrible man. The bags make it painless for sure. Even with the bags, when I cut the bag I inspect the subprimal visually for anything odd or perhaps a nasty stench or something. I do these in my outside kegerator/fridge but check the temp daily to make sure and keep it at max 37*.

I plan on doing the next one without a bag though. :mrgreen:

Great thread Sako! I gotta try this someday. Cant wait to see that 3 bone rib roast cooked up in the PBC.....:biggrin1:

Very nice!! I appreciate the stats. I have a bone-in rib-eye sub-primal that is on day 38, today. I'm shooting for 60+ days (first weekend after sixty days).

Very nice!! I appreciate the stats. I have a bone-in rib-eye sub-primal that is on day 38, today. I'm shooting for 60+ days (first weekend after sixty days).

Awesome! Post it up when it's ready. This is the longest I've gone so far. I'd be interested to see your outcome at 60+ days.

Awesome! Post it up when it's ready. This is the longest I've gone so far. I'd be interested to see your outcome at 60+ days.

I will. I think I've posted some starting pics already on someone else's thread. I will start a new one when I go to cut it up and package them.

Back