500 gallon offset build- The birth of "Hoss"

Nice work! And nice beads for learning to weld a few weeks ago! What welder?

Its a 170 amp chicago electric flux core/mig welder from harbor freight. I bought it whie it was on sale, very reasonably priced. I realize its not going to last a lifetime but I needed an entry level welder that I could afford. so far im happy with it.

Awesome build going Shenco.........Can't wait to see the firebox mate up!

You may want to check into the spring rating and weight rating of the axle if you don't already know it.....Looks a little light to me, and I believe you are going to wind up with a pretty stout cooker.

Ed

Awesome build going Shenco.........Can't wait to see the firebox mate up!

You may want to check into the spring rating and weight rating of the axle if you don't already know it.....Looks a little light to me, and I believe you are going to wind up with a pretty stout cooker.

Ed

I was told it was salvaged from a duel axle camper that weighed 6000 pds. So the guess was it was rated for 3000 min.

I'd think about replacing those tires too, those cracks didn't look to good in those early pics, once all the weight is on there and driving around it would sure suck to blow one.

I'd think about replacing those tires too, those cracks didn't look to good in those early pics, once all the weight is on there and driving around it would sure suck to blow one.

Yes, I'm planning to replace them. I was worried hauling it home because they were in bad shape.

Craig, you need to keep your nose to the grindstone (perhaps literally?) and get this finished by the time I come down your way in early August. Expecting brisket a la Franklin at the bar on a Saturday night. This looks sensational, respect the can-do attitude you have.

Craig, you need to keep your nose to the grindstone (perhaps literally?) and get this finished by the time I come down your way in early August. Expecting brisket a la Franklin at the bar on a Saturday night. This looks sensational, respect the can-do attitude you have.

Thanks for the compliment Ralph! We are close to opening so keep me posted on your visit!

You are doing those KAT BBQ Smoker hinges proud.........

http://www.katbbqsmokers.com/customparts/

If want to hind the door stops you open the door to where you want it to stop you can weld between the two outside pieces and push your puddle up to the center piece not letting the arc hit the center piece.

Waiting for more pictures

Thanks ken, I didn't realize you were a member here, I've been meaning to email you pics. I didn't follow your instructions on the stop because I don't have the skills to make that weld (with confidence:-D)

For anyone looking for quality hinges and handles, give ken a shout. His handles are perfect and easy to install

Dang Craig, you're already out doing me!!! That's some good work you got going! If you really want to get in touch with the Camo painter let me know.

Dang Craig, you're already out doing me!!! That's some good work you got going! If you really want to get in touch with the Camo painter let me know.

Thanks bud. I was so jealous of your work I had to give it a shot. I don't think this trailer is going to be able handle high speeds to make it to NC for a paint job. The axle is too far forward, but it will be fine for hauling it around town.

Back