500 gallon offset build- The birth of "Hoss"

What did you end up using for insulation?

grease duct wrap that we had left over from our commercial hood installation, its basically rock wool wrapped in foil. its rated to 2200 deg with no smoke or toxic gas emissions if there is a fire.

Nice! You didn't waste any time getting that cooker into the rotation at the shop

had a little grease flare up a few weeks ago in the stumps. im a little gun shy at the moment and tossing 250 wings in the stumps at 350 deg would have made me a little nervous.

Hoss has a new pair of shoes and is is getting some new clothes over the next few days. Hoss will be complete just in time to participate in his first community fundraiser. Come thursday at noon I will have 28 pork butts on and then 28 more on Friday. all proceeds will go to the church preschool across the street from the Brewery that lost almost everything in a flood in early July. raise your beers to hoping the smoke is thin blue and the welds hold tight!

IMG_2308.JPG

Hoss has a new pair of shoes and is is getting some new clothes over the next few days. Hoss will be complete just in time to participate in his first community fundraiser. Come thursday at noon I will have 28 pork butts on and then 28 more on Friday. all proceeds will go to the church preschool across the street from the Brewery that lost almost everything in a flood in early July. raise your beers to hoping the smoke is thin blue and the welds hold tight!

View attachment 116456

Cool, we get to see it on the Saturday!

I thought I would post a link to a recent cook thread to show how hoss performed last week. There are also pics of it painted. Thanks for all of your advice for this build, and big thanks for Paul Shirley for the parts he sent me. I am hanging up the welding helmet for a few months (well, maybe weeks), this build kicked my tail. But I already have ideas for my next build........

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217728

Back