***** 2016 Greater Chicago Area Summer Gathering - Saturday, August 13, 2016!

I would love to make this. MSD is against me on this and I would give up defending the friends and family annual rib cook off (Some might like me gone). I gotta work on this. Is my neighbor gonna be there?

I would love to make this. MSD is against me on this and I would give up defending the friends and family annual rib cook off (Some might like me gone). I gotta work on this. Is my neighbor gonna be there?

Who's your neighbor?

Who else is in? Spread the word!

I'm planning on bringing a portable grill and my Carson Rodizio. We can spin some suasages and maybe some chicken drumsticks.

I'd like to get there but I'm allergic to anything north of I-80. :wink:

What kind of time frame are y'all looking at? Thinkgs are looking pretty good and I'm checking out plane tix. Trying to figure out best time to fly vs. price and all that kinda thing. Is Bash time weighted more towards afternoon or evening?

Either way, I'm pretty sure I won't be there in time to cook a shoulder clod.

What kind of time frame are y'all looking at? Thinkgs are looking pretty good and I'm checking out plane tix. Trying to figure out best time to fly vs. price and all that kinda thing. Is Bash time weighted more towards afternoon or evening?

Either way, I'm pretty sure I won't be there in time to cook a shoulder clod.

The last couple of years most folks were onsite by around 10am, but we can get there earlier. We seemed to run out of steam by about or 4 pm.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
^^^Good to know! Looks like a redeye on Friday would be the way to go. Gonna be staying with in-laws in Darien. Cool if the FIL comes along? He's a fun dude and loves to eat.

^^^Good to know! Looks like a redeye on Friday would be the way to go. Gonna be staying with in-laws in Darien. Cool if the FIL comes along? He's a fun dude and loves to eat.

Of course! Some guys bring kids, too. We try to keep it a family atmosphere! It would be great to meet you if it works out!

• Thanks
Cool! I'll start checking out flight times, tix prices, logistics and all that.

Cool! We're a little over a month away! Spread the word!

I've paid for the permit so this is happening no matter what :-D For those who do make it I would appreciate a few $ to cover the cost of the permit.

Tix are bought. Looking forward to meating you farkers! :whoo:

For count, it will most likely be me and my FIL. I doubt if the kiddees or MIL will be coming, and my wife won't be in Chi yet so that makes the 2 of us.

What y'all need me to bring?

I am going to try and make it this year.

:thumb:

Tix are bought. Looking forward to meating you farkers! :whoo:

For count, it will most likely be me and my FIL. I doubt if the kiddees or MIL will be coming, and my wife won't be in Chi yet so that makes the 2 of us.

What y'all need me to bring?

:whoo:

Folk haven't posted much about what they are bringing, so anything goes!

I am planning on bringing my Carson Rodizio and spinning some sausages and chicken legs so far.

• Thanks
Back