***** 2016 Greater Chicago Area Summer Gathering - Saturday, August 13, 2016!

Ron_L

Administrator

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
I know that it's early, but Neotrout and I were talking about this at the Midwinter bash after party :-D

I have booked Bemis Woods Grove 1 for Saturday, August 13th, all day. The grove will hold 150, but I put out attendance at 75.

http://fpdcc.com/downloads/maps/pdf/BemisWoods12_12.pdf

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...0x0000000000000000:0x980efbbb94a57873!6m1!1e1

Please try to keep this day available!

If you know that you can make it, pleases post in this thread! We can figure out food and equipment as it gets closer.

Attendees
Ron_L (2)
T&S BBQ (2)
billm (2)
Bill-Chicago (2)
Teebody (2)
Stoke&Smoke (2)
Grabnabber (4)
Bluesman (2)
Hungry Haus
Neotrout
Wanthon58 (5)
oifmarine2003
gtr (2)
Superque (2)

Total - 30

Last edited:
either one, nice locale.

Hard to say what my work schedule will be tomorrow, let alone August these days, but you can plan on us unless something comes up

Saturday wood be awesome for me, it's a 3 hr drive and if it was on Saturday we could stay longer and help clean up and shoot the poo longer. But I'll go alone with whatever works for the rest.

Thanks, gang! I'm havng a hard time finding openings on either Sunday, Aug 7 or Aug 14, so I'm going to book Bemis Woods for Saturday, Aug. 13th. Kwas, hopefully you can make it work!

I'll respin this thread once I get it done, probably late this afternoon.

Which site are you booking, and what are the rules. Like what time can we show up, glass or no glass, alcohol or not etc… No rush, just overly excited. Thinking of dragging up the PCC if I can work it out. Thanks to you and Steve for thinking of this so early, I would have never thought they would book up so early.

Which site are you booking, and what are the rules. Like what time can we show up, glass or no glass, alcohol or not etc… No rush, just overly excited. Thinking of dragging up the PCC if I can work it out. Thanks to you and Steve for thinking of this so early, I would have never thought they would book up so early.

Bemis Woods (links in the first post), part of the Cook County Forest Preserve District, so alcohol is allowed. That's why we have been using the Cook County preserves. Dupage and Kane don't allow alcohol :thumb:

Can we bring alcohol?

Alcohol is allowed at most picnic groves, but you should check your permit to confirm your picnic grove allows alcohol. All alcohol must be consumed at least 50 feet from any parking lot. No glass is permitted.

They haven't said anything about glass in the past, but bring koozies and if the FP Police stop buy, just keep the bottles out of site.

Couple quick answers before Ron puts a full description on the header:

I believe from above its Grove 1

• Fires are allowed only in grills in permitted picnic areas. Used coals must be disposed of in marked HOT COAL BINS.
  • Glass containers are not allowed.
  • Alcohol is not permitted within 50 feet of parking lots and roadways.
And hours of arrival and departure are dictated by:
Forest Preserve District hours are sunrise to sunset.

Edit: Oops, Ron beat me to the answers

Last edited:
If we're free, we'll be there! I'll bring the WSM, a bag of charcoal and something to cook.

OK... I booked Bemis woods for 8/13, all day. It will hold up to 150, but I put our attendance at 75! Let's make this happen! Post in this thread once you know that you can make it! I'll do a PM campaign as the date gets closer.

Back