**** SAVE THE DATE! **** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2017 Edition!!! - Saturday, Jan. 28th, 2017

we can't be 100% sure we are coming. Please scratch us off the list. We were looking forward to coming. Maybe next time. We hope everyone enjoys this event.

Ron, you doing the name tag thing again this year, that really helped last year. It was nice finally putting faces to the names.

Yes, if I can find the ones we had left from last year :-D

we can't be 100% sure we are coming. Please scratch us off the list. We were looking forward to coming. Maybe next time. We hope everyone enjoys this event.

OK. If you decide you can make it, just show up! We have plenty of room!

I'm giving Kris the head count today, but I'm sure we can adjust if anyone else wants to join.

Anyone else want coffee?

Last chance for coffee! I'll be roasting this evening and tomorrow evening.

I plan on getting to BBQ'd Productions around 11am. Kris said that we are welcome to come early.

He is going to meet with his staff about how they want to handle to food an money. It may be buffet style just to make it easier on then. Stay tuned for updates ��

One last reminder!

Please bring cash and don't forget the staff! I don't know if I am collecting money or if Kris will have someone doing it, but as close to exact would be great!

For those wanting coffee, I roasted half last night and will finish tonight. It is $12//bag. Exact change appreciated.

Ron, i'm going to be a little late tomorrow. We were going to be picking up a dog last night, but it got bumped to this AM. My buddies should be on time, but i'll be there after noon. Sorry for the late notice.

A big thanks to Ronelle for another great mid winter lunch!

It was great putting more names with faces, that's for sure.

Was great meeting and talking to Bluesman with my fiance Joann. She was really impressed with his leather making hobby and they shared some info on designs that picqued her interest. I think they'll be conspiring on some custom leather chaps for my birthday! :twisted:

Glad to spend some time speaking to chicagokp and Shagdog. I'm not sure if they went to Light the Lamp tasting room after that, but it was great to know that the Brethren got them out 3 minutes from home to try some new places :twisted::twisted:

Bonus for me, Bluesman and, I think LYU370, was that Shagdog brought along some home made hot sauce, Ghost/Scorpion 90 Day. Great stuff!!!

I said I think it was LYU370 (Andy?) but he was sitting furthest from me and once the room filled up, I really could not carry on a conversation with him over 4 people diagonally. Next time, I'll try and make sure to speak to him.

Spoke to Steve Neotrout for a quick minute, didn't get to spend to much time talking to Ron and Amy, but did renew a hello with the two gents from Valparaiso, could have been Andy and Todd, but RUB Oakbrook lunch a year ago makes the memory hazy.

Grabnabber and fam were there. I said hello to them, but they sat down away from me. Since Ron and I started this with the 2 of us at Thomas BBQ in Montgommery about 11 years ago, I think Grabnabber has been to every one since like the second or third one. I definitely remember him at the non-Q version we did at Dave and Busters. Definitely Uncle Bubs one of the times too.

Kris was a great host and there was plenty of grub to go around. The new friendships were what it was all about. But on top of that, we all got a bottle of carb free Chipotle Maple BBQ sauce from the house. Thanks Kris!

Some of the stories from chicagokp and Shagdog about going to help Phil and the NY/NorthEast Brethren put on the Fleet Week cook were what makes this place special.

I wish more people would put their screen names on their tags, as I'm not sure how many more people I saw, or didn't see. Were Diane and Dann in the overflow area? I don't think I saw them.

Thanks again Ron, and congrats on a great outing.

And you looked fantastic!

It was great meeting you and Joann, Bill! And Bluesman, LYU370 and T&S BBQ. So cool you guys made the long drive up! So nice to meet some of the brethren in person. Food was good, but I wish it wasn't such a cramped space so I could have met more of the gang. Ron, thanks again for putting this on, it was a great event. And I almost walked right past you when I came in. You look terrific!

Last edited:
What a great time!

Bill- I have dragged the family to every one (and the summer cooks) since Uncle Bub's- that was my first. Gonna make every one in the future, too- wish we had some time to blab!

Food was great, the brisket and burnt ends were the best I've had in a restaurant setting so far, so kudos to Kris. Nice place, good service. I'd def go back.

Ron- Thanks so much for organizing these lunches! Dude, you look like a supermodel now! 8)

Love these things- if you are local or remotely semi-close please come and join us!

Love,
Grabnabber

Was a great time. I think the last two times I sat by T&S BBQ, so this time I walked in, waved at him and sat at another table so I could met some other Brethren. :wink: But I dd annoy him at Light the Lamp later on. Ended up sitting by Shagdog & Chicagokp. Great putting more faces together with screen names. Bill-Chicago, didn't know that was you down at the end of the table. And yes, Shagdog made some killer hot sauce. I'll have to try and perfect my Agent Orange hot sauce. Still a little too inconsistent between batches.

Looking forward to the summer get together where you can wander around more and meet more people. Thanks again Ronelle for planning these get togethers!

Back