Quick knife question

I'm not precious about sharpening, I'll use a riverstone (and have for months out of necessity in the outback once) bottles, leather belts, steel rods.
Once you practice the technique a little, it is a skill for life.

You can also use the bottom of a coffee cup or even the bottom of a plate/saucer if they are not covered with glaze. I have used the bottom of a coffee cup to keep knives sharp when I did not have a stone or other methods with me. I sharpened my sister's kitchen knives with a coffee cup once, and she said they were sharper than they were when she bought them. Just use the exposed pottery ring like you would with a good stone and it will work great if the blade does not need re profiling. In a pinch you can also use the top of the window on your car to touch up a blade. Think outside the box, as people have kept their knives sharp well before there was a Wicked Edge system or even a set of Spyderco croc sticks.

Blessings, :pray:

Omar

Smokin30-06, yes, I would toss that sharpener or only use it on cheap utility knives. I would not use it on my kitchen knives.

Smokin30-06, yes, I would toss that sharpener or only use it on cheap utility knives. I would not use it on my kitchen knives.

Aha!
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

:fencing:

Back