Electric Knife Sharpener - Hero or Zero

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Adult "children's" Christmas Gift. They will be with other set of Grandparents this year. Some great advice I received here years ago is that when you're with them bring gifts, when not gift cash. We pretty much do that but then go ahead and get a few things for them to open. This year for son I bought aThermopop and an electric knife sharpener. His kitchen knives are really nice but daily users. They're not collector grade nor high end expensive, like $25-65 to replace new. He loves a sharp knife, I've enjoyed the WorkSharp brand. Checked locally nowhere to be found, checked Amazon and here's what hit me. I've never seen it, never used this Worksharp and hope he finds it useful

Link to Worksharp electric knife sharpener

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JZC712J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_4DAZYFK3R0K83P79A4KD

I had great success with the Ken Onion Work Sharp, so I can't speak specifically about this model, but the brand is definitely good to go.

The only downside to this style of sharpener is that it won't allow a full sharpening of the blade. The handle prevents the last 1/2 inch or so from touching the sharpening stones. Unless this one is designed differently

Can't go wrong with a knife sharpener. We have had good luck with the Chef's Choice line. Got the 4643 manual for maintaining a sharp edge. Quick and easy though I must say the price really went up since we got ours.

I got an electric knife sharpener, the Chef's choice Trizor XV Model 15 EdgeSelact, 15 degree angle. I was skeptical because I've always used my trusty old school tri-stone but was very impressed after using it a few times.

I got an electric knife sharpener, the Chef's choice Trizor XV Model 15 EdgeSelact, 15 degree angle. I was skeptical because I've always used my trusty old school tri-stone but was very impressed after using it a few times.

I've got that one too. I collected Japanese damascus steel knives one at a time until I filled the knife block slots.

They come with a 15 degree edge so I bought Chef's Choice to maintain the 15 degrees.

Works great.

I've got that one too. I collected Japanese damascus steel knives one at a time until I filled the knife block slots.

They come with a 15 degree edge so I bought Chef's Choice to maintain the 15 degrees.

Works great.

I've actually used it to convert an old set of knive that I have to 15 degrees and it worked great.

My 2 Cents….

Bought a couple of “decent” German knives at a garage sale a few years back along with a Chef’s Choice EdgeSelect 120 “Plus”. I think I paid about $40 for everything. One of the knifes has become my Daily Knife. I keep it just as sharp as I can with that electric sharpener. I don’t worry about the “excessive wear” that might be caused as I didn’t put much $$ into it, but it really does a very good job and it as sharp as I need for anything.

Simple. Quick.

For my Good Knives: EdgePro Apex. Lovely Edge, but quite a bit of work.

I hope you report back as to how it works for him.

I used my WS Mk2 today for the first time. Outstanding.

For my Good Knives: EdgePro Apex. Lovely Edge, but quite a bit of work.

I looked that thing up. Looks like a lot of work for sure and some practice to get the hang of using it.

I guess you'd have to think of knife sharpening almost as a hobby to want to deal with going through the motions to sharpen a knife on the Apex 4.

My worry would be that I just spent that time and effort getting a precise edge, then I use the knife a few times and I'm back to the edge that a Chef's Choice would give me. Time to start the process all over! :shocked:

Back