Beef Cheeks in the Big Green Egg

how long did it take, and how do you check for doneness? Always see beef cheeks in the store and wonder how to cook them

I smoked at 225 for about 3 hours, then foiled with butter on top for about another 2 or 3 hours.

to check for 'doneness' - I just used a toothpick and when it went thru with zero resistance, it was good to go.

take them off - rest for an hour and enjoy.

Wow, wish I could find cheek meat that nice around here. Heck, I wish I could find cheek meat at all. Great job!

Andy,have you got a Wall-Mart in your area ? i find them in our store right next to the beef tongue. Not to many places around here that carries both.
Good luck.

I smoked at 225 for about 3 hours, then foiled with butter on top for about another 2 or 3 hours.

to check for 'doneness' - I just used a toothpick and when it went thru with zero resistance, it was good to go.

take them off - rest for an hour and enjoy.

wish I would have seen your reply earlier, was at the commissary and saw some marked down cryo beef cheeks in the freezer, I think they were $4, maybe I will stop by tomorrow and see if they are still there

Your cheeks look awesome mate,nice first post.

Back