Pit Beef on the KUDU

Smokie185

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Been reading about pit beef here lately so I thought I would give it a try.

The farm where I get my beef had a small sirloin tip roast in the freezer, so I got it. Mixed up some rub and coated well.

Rk7NyxFl.jpg

Next, in a vacuum bag for an overnight stay in the fridge.

Ecq2Pqel.jpg

Fired up the KUDU for a little smoke before searing.

6yQQcBll.jpg

Dome on and now we wait.

4OHNkMol.jpg

Smoked until it hit 105 and then seared over high heat.

R1nIBnhl.jpg

Sliced thin and made sandwiches with tiger sauce and onion.

uL6b4zll.jpg

You did Baltimore proud. A reverse sear is a better method than the traditional one. I'll cut the top/bottom rounds into smaller sections to create more surface area.

Also, once you get the meat shaved down be sure to season it with at least salt; maybe pepper, whatever else you like. White onion soaked in water for a bit is traditional but I usual use sweet onions. For a change from Tiger sauce I like Gates bbq sauce (a favorite savory sauce).

You did Baltimore proud. A reverse sear is a better method than the traditional one. I'll cut the top/bottom rounds into smaller sections to create more surface area.

Also, once you get the meat shaved down be sure to season it with at least salt; maybe pepper, whatever else you like. White onion soaked in water for a bit is traditional but I usual use sweet onions. For a change from Tiger sauce I like Gates bbq sauce (a favorite savory sauce).

Good tip. I could taste some of the rub but it was still a bit bland. I will season after slicing from now on.

The Gates BBQ sauce is a good idea too. I have been meaning to make up a another batch.

Back