Brisket Camp article

funny you posted this...last night I stumbled upon a video on youtube from that brisket camp of Aaron showing how he trims briskets..think its like 22 min long..pretty interesting to watch for someone who hasn't trimmed one before

Thanks jbounds286! My nephew in TN (GatorDawg here) sent me the article. Interesting video:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaMgt1Altys"]Aaron Franklin describing how he trims a brisket at Brisket Camp 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

When I did my first brisket I had no clue what I was doing. Watching the Aaron Franklin videos to see how he trimmed it up helped me quite a bit. I think his walk through is gold when trying to learn how to do brisket. I like that he doesn't use a thermo to test for doneness of his brisket. It is all about feel and look for him.

Nice read. I wonder what the course costs and where they advertise.

When I did my first brisket I had no clue what I was doing. Watching the Aaron Franklin videos to see how he trimmed it up helped me quite a bit. I think his walk through is gold when trying to learn how to do brisket. I like that he doesn't use a thermo to test for doneness of his brisket. It is all about feel and look for him.

This is exactly what I did. I read through many posts on here, and then it was great to actually see it in action via the Franklin videos.

Thats cool!! Whens the next class?
Given the chance (and the monies) I would love to do that!

Nice article! I learned a lot from the Franklin video's too (but Bludawg taught me more).

Nice read. I wonder what the course costs and where they advertise.

Texas Foodway's members get first crack @ tickets. Last year they sold out in 5 minutes. Next Brisket Camp is next January. I'm going to try for tix this time around :razz:

You are correct. Premature cut and paste there. They don't provide the ticket info for the Brisket Camp.

You are correct. Premature cut and paste there. They don't provide the ticket info for the Brisket Camp.

Last year they went on sell in July. Tried for a ticket but it was nearly impossible. Literally sold out in 5 min.

Here's another video with Franklin slicing up the brisket. A little more detailed than his youtube.com brisket slicing video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6EwXfpFwI"]Brisket Slicing 101 - YouTube[/ame]

Back