New BBQ spot and brisket

Kjonge

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I decided to build a new BBQ spot as winter is on its way in Seattle, this means mostly rain.. So I need a nice covered space, the real roof will come later. I mostly did the tile floor and electricity now:

15103341081_cb988b9918_z.jpg

This weekend I am making brisket to bring to a party, got a great 12 lb angus brisket at our local butcher ($6 lb .. ouch)

14919711960_75154e1d8e_z.jpg

decided do just S&P today:
15083351956_c29d903e8f_z.jpg

I put her on at 10 pm at 225 with hickory pellets
15103340851_d91d71f137_z.jpg

At 7:30 in the morning its at 163F internal and looking great:
14919783477_3e8c0a4e5f_z.jpg

To be continued :)

Nice shelter you got there

Dayum that looks great......one of these days I'll get the cojones to try one :oops:. The best I can muster is a couple of racks of beef back ribs.

More pics pls
John

Dayum that looks great......one of these days I'll get the cojones to try one :oops:. The best I can muster is a couple of racks of beef back ribs.

More pics pls
John

Chucks are good practice.

^^^Chucky's are now my goto favorite "cheap" meat...in fact I just started one tonight...its going to be cold chucky sammichs all week for lunch!

Nice lookin brisket!

Ok back from the party, the result was awesome.

14926841950_43c2315ec3_z.jpg

bottom left are marzubos pickles ��. Bunt ends were ok, not great. Had to finish them off at our friends oven.

Yeah I know these things are scary and expensive as hell. The biggest tip i can give is give yourself a couple of extra hours. They are never done when you want them done ��

Nice cooking, that brisket looks good

First time using just s&p. I think that's a winner!

That is a really good looking brisket!
I see you moved the T probe from the early flat towards the point. Why?

^^^Chucky's are now my goto favorite "cheap" meat...in fact I just started one tonight...its going to be cold chucky sammichs all week for lunch!

Nice lookin brisket!

+1 for the Chucky's. Need to keep it quiet though. Not long ago Tri-Tip was $2.99 lb and Flap & Skirt Steak was .99 cents lb. once the secret is out it's all over.

That is a really good looking brisket!
I see you moved the T probe from the early flat towards the point. Why?

I was getting some false readings, I expect it was in a pocket of fat. When I moved it a bit the temp dropped 10F on the reader.

Back