Pitmaker safe VS vault

tx_hellraiser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my BBQ pit next year. I see that the size is really the only difference between the two. Please post your review of yours and why you went with the one you have. I am undecided and would like input from all the owners about these 2 pits nothing else.

I went with the BBQ Safe simply because of size. The Safe has roughly the same capacity as two 22.5" WSMs. It's the perfect size even for the biggest get togethers I host.

BTW you can't go wrong. I love my Safe.

I am on the fence and i am pretty much try to decide what size is right for me. I do want to do some catering and would like to have enough space to accommodate. I never used WSM so about how many briskets can you cook at one time.

TX, I when through a few years debating this very thought. For the longest time I was dead set on the Safe. But, the more and more I cooked for myself and others I wondered if I should get the Vault. Then I got a chance to start selling BBQ at my local butcher shop and that was when I said its only 1000.00 more for 4x more cooking space. On the safe you can get 4 brisket on the vault you can get 15 maybe even 20 depending on size of brisket. If you never cook for large groups hands down get the vault but, if you have a crystal ball and can see into your future and know you will never without a doubt cook for large masses get the safe. Quality is second to none. Super efficient. I love my Vault. If my house caught on fire its the third thing Id run in for. The first two being my daughter and wife. lol. You really only get one chance to spend that kind of money so make sure you get the one you want. good luck. Here is a video I just made.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2L-sTJK2IM"]10 BRISKETS AT IDAHO 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Back