Open Fire Cooking

I like the spit setup! Great looking birds too

If imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery, then please consider yourself flattered because I plan to imitate the heck out of your setup!

Homemade Spit

I will post better pics after this weekend, really simple build. I can't take cfredit for it , my son made this for me

Cowgirl, I was so impressed by your breakfast post earlier.

I am so glad I stumbled on to this site. I think I can learn a great deal from all of you & I hope I can give also. Looking forward to a long relationship!!!

Cowgirl, I was so impressed by your breakfast post earlier.

I am so glad I stumbled on to this site. I think I can learn a great deal from all of you & I hope I can give also. Looking forward to a long relationship!!!

Larred, thank you! I'm glad you found the forum too. Looking forward to exchanging ideas with ya.

I knew Cowgirl would be all over this setup. It is "Her" technic for sure! :) My neighborhood has a center cul-de-sac in the middle of our homes where we have built a 10 foot diameter fire pit. This setup would be perfect off to the side of the pit for cooking. Thank you for the post!

Nice looking set up, I love the simple concept and love cooking that way

Looks great. Can't be any better. Sometimes we all think that we need a $5000.00 rig to ever have anything to eat again.

It's a bit tough to get an old rim off of a truck. At least around here. Great set-up.

I used to do only flat grilling on open fire, but decided on spit only last year. we shall see how all goes. Doing a boneless ham on Saturday, May do wings Thursday, Not sure about Friday yet. Oh & will also do breakfast on Saturday(Bacon, Sausage,Eggs, Toast, Taters, ) All on fire, Toast is really good.

The truck rim is at the campground where I go. Western Pa. Harrisville.

I didn't know what a "GURU "was, I use a thermometer for meat when I think its close & just leave in till it reaches temp.

Back