Reverse flow smoker build!

coorsguy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to get a little more done on the smoker I got the reverse plate welded together I got all of the end caps for the smoke chamber and firebox cut out and one of them welded on

Last edited:
Holy crap that looks like thick steel....nice welds...look solid. I gotta learn how to weld....

That's looking good!! Looking forward to following the build.

man it is coming along nicely and keep pics of the build coming .

About ready to weld the firebox to the cook chamber and mount the smoker on the trailer frame then I have to come up with some cooking racks.... Should I just do a single level of cooking grates or an upper and lower that slide out not sure if I will have enough room since there is only 10 inches

Last edited:
I'm thinking about using deer shed horns for handles does anyone know if they can withstand the heat

What is going to be the dimensions of your smoker?
I don't know if the deer horn would heat up or not.
Myself I like 2 shelves it just gives you some extra room.

What is going to be the dimensions of your smoker?
I don't know if the deer horn would heat up or not.
Myself I like 2 shelves it just gives you some extra room.

The cook chamber is 20x60 the inside diameter is 19 1/2" I plan on putting the first grate dead center above the door cutout

You have room to do a shorter upper shelf. You might not use the upper shelf's all that often, but when needed they do come in handy. Store em in the garage till needed. They hang from a nail/screw nicely. Just don't have anything below them once they have been used. Grease stains below if not fully cleaned.

Looks great. I fought with my RF plate....had to weld the bulk of it together in the smoker. Pretty much all of it was done blind....and it looks it...

Looking good, that thing will weigh a ton

If it wasn't for my motorcycle lift there is no way I would have gotten mine built....

Yea it took a comealong and an eyebolt lag in ceiling joist to get mine flipped over

Looks great. I fought with my RF plate....had to weld the bulk of it together in the smoker. Pretty much all of it was done blind....and it looks it...

How do you like your home built rf smoker does it hold fairly even temps from one end to the other?

Back