Stubbs charcoal on sale (Lowes Home Improvement)

74 available aisle 26 bay 12
thanks for the heads up

Thanks again for posting! Picked up a half doz today. 2 pallets left at the store.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried Stubbs briquettes yet, but for that price I'll give it a shot.

Do people use Stubb's with the Minion method reliably? I have gone through a couple bags, but only for grilling in my kettle. And the white smoke output when the chimney was firing-up is pretty crazy for a while. But the reduced ash was awesome.

I haven't tried it with the Minion method before but would like to give it a shot ...

I stick to lump for minion method unlit coals, while using 8-10 fully ashed over briquettes to get it started.

Like Stubbs in my Humphreys so picked up another 10 bags today.

Heading to the Farmingdale LI lowes in a few... Can't wait.

I'm a lump(y) guy and first tried Stubbs this past early spring when Lowes had it clearanced at $4.xx and I bought 10 bags.

I've been using it on and off since. It's not bad for a briq. It has more ash and smokes too much at start up (nature of the briq beast) than I like to deal with, but it's tolerable and is better (less ash, less stench) than KBB, imo.

I'll buy it when cheap to supplement my inventory. Bought 9 bags for $38.91 yesterday. Good deal. :clap2:

Cheese N rice...
4 pages!
build a UDS
someone had to say it :loco:

Stubbs is really good stuff, this is the 3rd sale they've had this year and I make a point to grab at least 6 bags each time. Best advice is to order online and go pick it up. That should ensure that you don't miss out. My shed is looking like a small charcoal warehouse.

i got my 7 bags.... I should be good until next summer...

Cheese N rice...
4 pages!
build a UDS
someone had to say it :loco:

Well if they did build a uds thanks to this sale they'd have plenty of charcoal to cook with. Im not sure why i even bought 6 bags. I still have 4 bags of kingsford from last labor days sale and thats with giving away several. Guess im just programed for a deal. Actually i resisted in buying only 6.

Would of been a lot better if I didnt have to fight with my local Lowes to get the sale price. The lowes in Westland truly sucks.....

I was in Westland last week for a job. Show the sales add to the M.O.D. and they should hook it up

I was in Westland last week for a job. Show the sales add to the M.O.D. and they should hook it up

Thats what I had to do. They had the old 15lb tag still hanging but the guy refused to believe me when I told him it was on sale. My persistence paid off....Ive always been a home depot man myself

Picked up 10 bags, should be good for a month or two

It never goes on sale down here. Funny thing is at Lowes it is 2 dollars more than it is a Wally World (when they have it) right next door.

Stubbs

Thank's for the heads up went and got 20 bags today

Attachments

• IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 136
I picked up 10 bags to try. Usually just stock up at HD on Kingsford. HD should put Kingsford on sale 1 more time this year next Thursday.

Back