First time for Boudin

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
At the suggestion of Redchaserron I ordered several items from Poche's Market. Thanks Red!

In addition to their andouille, cajun sausage, and pork tasso, I also ordered some crawfish boudin. I grilled up the sausages and gently warmed the boudin, even though one split open.

Unbelievable, this stuff was so good!!! I'd never had boudin before and I can tell you I wish I'd have tried it years ago...My $120.00 order will likely double next time! Almost forgot, the Cajun sausages were awesome as well.

64AF3CDF-4092-4B6D-9686-67B9123DB8EB_zpskacq1hjb.jpg

Nice haul Mike! Looks and sounds great.
I love boudin. :grin:

I'm really looking forward to comparing my "first attempt" tasso to the true authentic version. I hope I'm not too disappointed, I have five pounds of it...

Red beans and rice this weekend. I can't wait!

it's weird the things we go thru life without trying. toast had me try some boudin at the last Texas bash and i was blown away. simple but awesome. i have no idea why i never tried it before. i keep some in the freezer at all times now.

What's a Cajun 7-Course meal?
6-pack of beer and a pound of Boudin!
Fantastic stuff!

I love boudin. So far only found one place in Atlanta that makes it all the time and even though we're both in 'Atlanta' it's a two hour round trip for me. You may have just cost me two hours of my life ;-)

I love good boudin and hothead cheese I ordered 75 pounds from jerry Lee's and a customer brought it to me last year along with some hog head cheese... I'm out and will be making a trip to jerry Lee's real soon...m

I love good boudin and hothead cheese I ordered 75 pounds from jerry Lee's and a customer brought it to me last year along with some hog head cheese... I'm out and will be making a trip to jerry Lee's real soon...m

Right around the corner from my shop. They just reopened a few weeks ago.

13895002_10157195734915328_2275552577097266868_n.jpg

Hate to see that picture of Jerry Lee's but good to hear they're back up and running. Have a neighbor that brings back some boudin from there whenever he goes home. Dadgummit, now I'm really craving some boudin.

I was introduced to boudin when I was a teenager living in Louisiana. I loved it and miss it to this day.

You can make your own, but it just doesn't seem to compare with what my friend has flown in every Memorial Day.
I've tried to make it twice.
No comparison.

Ok I ordered some a few years back because the Hillbillys at work talk the stuff up. I didn't like where I got it from. They said that place wasn't really good stuff..... I Amy try Jerry Lees once...... They where shocked when I said what I got wasn't very good. I gave what I had left to them, they agreed.... Not good. Lol...... Next.... Jerry lees.

Thanks all, I guess it's Jerry Lee's next time! Honey get the credit card...

Southeast Texas native here. If you can afford the shipping costs, I highly recommend Zummo's boudin and party time sausages. www.zummo.com

Back