Dallas BBQ joints

Last time I was in town we hit up Bone Daddy's. Not the greatest BBQ, but the cold beer and views made up for it a bit..

Cattleack if your in town still on Friday. Lockhart in Oak Cliff is my wife's favorite, and there are a ton of other options - depends on where you are staying or working.

Have been to Pecan Lodge and while the brisket was good, the beef rib was outstanding. Did not care for the "Hot Mess', a baked potato covered in stuff.

I'd skip Hard 8 personally. Not a fan. If you can only go to places after work then I would check out Hutchins in McKinney and Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano. If you can get in a lunch then try Meshack's in Garland. Be aware that this place is order at the window and take with you. They have no place to sit and eat.

And if you're still here on Friday at lunch then definitely go to CattleAck in North Dallas.

It's been a few years, but North Main BBQ in Euless was pretty damn good. It's BYOB also. A buddy of mine and I went while in town buying a bass boat. Guy I purchased my boat from recommended it and it surely didn't disappoint..

Their quality has went down pretty significantly. I would skip it. Cattleack is decent if you can make it during their limited hours, but their smoke profile is a little lacking running the gas assist. Hard 8... not a fan of over-trimmed brisket. Hutchins, Lockhart (though somewhat inconsistent) in Plano to avoid parking in Bishop Arts or Pecan Lodge (thought they do have a habit of charging for gobs of inedible fat) are the obvious choices. Meat U Anywhere and Bet the House are both relative newcomers who do a really nice job.

I enjoyed Hard 8s when I was there a couple years ago.

Haven't been there in a while, but "Big Racks BBQ and Sports Grill" was really decent. SOme of the most tender pork that I've ever put in my mouth!
ALSO, the scenery was pretty dad-gum good too!!!

Tried big racks once and they couldn't even slice the brisket it was so over cooked. Meshacks is hit or miss at best.

Back